SL Rez
Joined SLU
Aug 2007
SLU Posts
Some interesting info here too:

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Cristiano - this is ALL YOUR FAULT! You've gotten me hooked on Sims 4 and on Quest VR, but my life just isn't big enough for both of them. (Yes, a 1st world problem.)

• 2RuPaul
Reactions: Kalel and Cristiano

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I'm so sad, I can't play Sims 4 right now. My Windows laptop just died a couple of days ago, looks like I may need to replace the motherboard. Anyone have any luck getting it working on Linux?

Ann Launay

Crumpet Khaleesi
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Aug 2007
SLU Posts
I had to repair my game last night after the patch. It's been having intermittent crashing when trying to load a household, but I thought it was just mad about the amount of CC I had, so I kept going through that and removing things I was so-so about. It crashed every time I tried to play last night, so I went through my CC once again, removed a few more appearance items, then completely removed the few scripted mods I had and cleared cache. Still crashing. Backed up my mods and saves, deleted all mods from the game, did the repair, put the mods back, and, lo, two logins with no crashing. By that time, my must-have UI Cheats mod had been updated for the patch, so I put that back in and was still able to load successfully. Fingers crossed that it continues to work as expected, because I don't want to be arguing with it next week when the new pack goes live. 🧙‍♀️

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I've been excited for -this- one since they announced it, especially when the island one didn't have any way of building tourist stuff at all [which is fine, but I want to build hotels!].

But seeing the stairs update has made me extra squeey and I'm not waiting until i get grubby hands on this to boot up the old game. I've been waiting on this since The Sims [1]

Ann Launay

Crumpet Khaleesi
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Aug 2007
SLU Posts
A preview of actual gameplay!

• 1Yay!
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
I'm still reeling from the Stairs Update, which is soooooo wonderful! And bravo to EA for providing high-profile Muslim content in the CAS portion of the game. Love them for that!

• 1Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Just come out with Sims 5 already. I only have the base game for Sims 4 so it seems pointless to buy expansion packs if the complete sims 4, like the versions before it, will go on sale when it happens.

• 1Disagree

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
Just come out with Sims 5 already. I only have the base game for Sims 4 so it seems pointless to buy expansion packs if the complete sims 4, like the versions before it, will go on sale when it happens.
While the Sims 5 is certainly in development, I'm not sure what else they can really do. The only two major things I would like to see would be the return of the seamless open world of the Sims 3 and also some form of multiplayer (not an MMO like This Sims Online, but simple co-op features to play with friends). Otherwise, I love the Sims 4 overall and I don't mind that they continue to expand it.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
While the Sims 5 is certainly in development, I'm not sure what else they can really do. The only two major things I would like to see would be the return of the seamless open world of the Sims 3 and also some form of multiplayer (not an MMO like This Sims Online, but simple co-op features to play with friends). Otherwise, I love the Sims 4 overall and I don't mind that they continue to expand it.
True, it is an odd time. Everyone knows there will be a sims 4 everything release soon after sims 5 gains traction and sims 4 sales slow down. The exact date is unknown but if you are busy with something else anyway there is no real reason to buy into the sims 4 ecosystem now if sims 5 is imminent.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
So, apparently 4 was going to be multiplayer, but they took it out, except they didn't actually. Then someone did a multiplayer mod that worked until they changed python versions [EA]. So, there is another group that picked it up from the original creator and I follow it. It looks promising.

Thing is, they keep denying there will be a 5 any time in the near future, and well, in my experience? It will be a few years before 5 is worthy playing because it will take them forever to put in my must haves [Seasons] and really wants [supernatural elements, critters].

My only real issue with 4 is that its taking them twice as long to get around to adding stuff, and in so many ways, it seems like its split up much more.

------------------------

And my only issue with this game pack is I can't live in the magic realm and omg, I want to live on a floating island in a magic maelstrom. Otherwise, its some of the best stuff to me of all the game packs so far. Though, to be fair, my favorite exp in Sims 1 was Makin' Magic, and 2 was Apartments, and 3 was Supernaturals. I spent most of the afternoon building a weird magic house. I should have been working but...

• 1Like

Ann Launay

Crumpet Khaleesi
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Aug 2007
SLU Posts
I found it a little weird that the sages are perfectly willing to convert your sim to a spellcaster after a brief task, but if you then try to ask for training, they're all "I don't know you like that." I suppose that's because you're (presumably) able to make spellcasters in CAS, but it would have made more sense to me if my sim had had to make friends with a sage first, and maybe done some additional tasks, before being converted and receiving subsequent training.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
For me, now I've played it more, its frustrating that I can't just sell my accumulated potions - they aren't intrinsically worth anything. I may try building a little magic shop and selling them.

But I do still love having magic. Herbio is a great spell.

Ann Launay

Crumpet Khaleesi
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Aug 2007
SLU Posts
OK, she has all the spells and potions, and has completed the spellcaster-ish aspiration, but not the potion one.

Edit: Vomiting and passing out is probably not the sign of a successful potion.

At least she didn't die?

Last edited:

Ann Launay

Crumpet Khaleesi
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Aug 2007
SLU Posts
She turned someone into a goblin and then, to add insult to injury, vomited at the sight of him.

Lots of vomiting in magic, apparently.

• 1ROFL
  • 1lolwut?
Reactions: Free and Beebo Brink