Jeffrey Epstein charged

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Let's get the conspiracy wheels moving again. What if, Epstine had to suicide to keep someone else safe/provide benefits to someone else.
That requires the biggest stretch of this entire sordid episode: that Epstein cares more about someone else than he does about himself. I don't think I can go that far.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
That requires the biggest stretch of this entire sordid episode: that Epstein cares more about someone else than he does about himself. I don't think I can go that far.
Agreed. Remember, this was another guy, like 45, who thought he had superior genes (in Epstein's case, he even wanted to spread them around to create more"superior" humans).

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
What if he was Old Man Jenkins in a rubber mask the whole time?
Scooby and the gang would have solved the case of the "Sick Fuck of Sea Gate" much, much earlier.

• 1ROFL
Reactions: Clara D.

Beebo Brink

SL Rez

Beebo Brink

SL Rez
The denials from Buckingham Palace are sounding more hollow every day.

In the emails between Morozov (a regular contributor to the Guardian) and Brockman, dated 12 September 2013, the literary agent recounts visiting Epstein at his Manhattan house.

He writes: “Last time I visited his house (the largest private residence in NYC), I walked in to find him in a sweatsuit and a British guy in a suit with suspenders [braces], getting foot massages from two young well-dressed Russian women.”

….Brockman writes that Andrew then complained about his public profile. “In Monaco, Albert works 12 hours a day but at 9pm, when he goes out, he does whatever he wants, and nobody cares. But, if I do it, I’m in big trouble,” the emails describe him saying.

At that point, Brockman writes: “I realized that the recipient of Irina’s foot massage was his Royal Highness, Prince Andrew, the Duke of York.”
This incident happened three years after Andrew was photographed walking in Central Park with Epstein, a stroll that itself happened after Epstein's first conviction. I suppose it's a tame scandal compared to Henry VIII and other rowdy monarchs, but the Royal Family doesn't appear to want to own it.

GoblinCampFollower

SL Rez
I agree, everything in his history stank of being a sociopath. There was a great Wall Street Journal piece describing how he started his career as a financial adviser by basically lying about everything until enough real rich people trusted him with enough real money so that he really had such a job. His ability to charm and lie his ass off was well beyond what I think a neurotypical person can do.

Beebo Brink

SL Rez
I was curious how Prince Andrew's actions were viewed in his own country, and that's certainly an eye-opener. I know, of course, that there is no single universal opinion, so I'm sure he also has many defenders, but good to see that sharp criticism is in the mix.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
I was curious how Prince Andrew's actions were viewed in his own country, and that's certainly an eye-opener. I know, of course, that there is no single universal opinion, so I'm sure he also has many defenders, but good to see that sharp criticism is in the mix.
Sharp criticism from the British? That's like suggesting they're also well versed in sarcasm.

Beebo Brink

SL Rez
Sharp criticism from the British? That's like suggesting they're also well versed in sarcasm.
I have a better grasp of how the British feel about Bexit (on all sides of the issue) than I do on their attitudes toward the Royals. Unlike so many Americans, who seem besotted with the Queen's royal spawn, I usually don't pay any attention to them at all.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I have a better grasp of how the British feel about Brexit (on all sides of the issue) than I do on their attitudes toward the Royals. Unlike so many Americans, who seem besotted with the Queen's royal spawn, I usually don't pay any attention to them at all.
I don't think most people here are particularly interested in the Royal Family, one way or another. HM is generally well-respected and admired, whatever one's views on the monarchy as an institution, but generally it's like having a long-running soap going on in the background.

I'm vaguely aware, and for much the same reasons, of the doings of the various royals in the same way I'm vaguely aware of events in Eastenders, The Archers, or various Hollywood franchises that I'm never going to watch. Certainly, I was far more invested in events in Westeros and Slavers' Bay than ever I've been in the saga of "the royals".

Andrew, as I recall, always had a reputation as "Randy Andy," which people were OK with back in the 1980s, when he was single, dating Koo Stark, and generally admired for pursuing a serious career as a naval officer, flying combat missions during the Falklands War, but that rather changed when he married Sarah Ferguson.

While most people were pretty much on his side after the divorce, his continuing entanglement with her and her various financial escapades hasn't won him much support, and I suspect that most of us weren't that surprised to hear about his relationship with Epstein.

Here is Prince Andrew making a cameo appearance in the original Hellblazer series, back in 1992, during the Royal Blood story arc:

ETA: More on British reaction to his relationship with Epstein:

Beebo Brink

SL Rez
Andrew, as I recall, always had a reputation as "Randy Andy," which people were OK with back in the 1980s, when he was single, dating Koo Stark, and generally admired for pursuing a serious career as a naval officer, flying combat missions during the Falklands War, but that rather changed when he married Sarah Ferguson.
Bless her heart.

Ava Glasgow

Ava Ava hot like lava
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
NYT story about Epstein's shit with girls and young women 9 years before the first arrest, and how both law enforcement and the media let it slide. One woman is now riddled with guilt thinking maybe if she had just tried harder, they would have taken her seriously and not let Epstein keep racking up more and more victims. This is so fucking wrong. 🙁

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
The concern about, and criticism of, Prince Andrew for his friendship with Epstein just won't go away:

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Unusable? Just run the 'clear and enhance' filter on it. :) Seriously though, how can any camera that shows something relevant in a jail be unusable? You can get a babycam for 25$ that will stream perfectly good footage and I would hope their budget is a bit higher than that in a supermax outside of the door of someone recently off of suicide watch!

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer