Everything You Need To Know About Oculus Quest

Adeon Writer

Ultimately I am holding out on a Quest because 2.5 hour battery just is too short for me. They really need to fix that.

But I have personally tried one and it's amazing. But I feel I'm too much of a heavy user and the short battery would get annoying.

Ghost Pepper

Gaming Guru
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Ultimately I am holding out on a Quest because 2.5 hour battery just is too short for me. They really need to fix that.

But I have personally tried one and it's amazing. But I feel I'm too much of a heavy user and the short battery would get annoying.
Some have fixed that by strapping a small portable battery to the back of the head strap.

I only use it for about an hour at a time so it doesn't bother me.

Adeon Writer

My VR evening sessions tend to be 3-4 hours. (Not every day of the week) So it would require saying goodbye to friends for a few minutes to charging mid-way though every session.

I feel like 9 hours is the tipping point that makes me feel comfortable and not constantly worried about when I'll run out of battery.

• 1Disagree
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
My VR evening sessions tend to be 3-4 hours. (Not every day of the week) So it would require saying goodbye to friends for a few minutes to charging mid-way though every session.
For heavy Quest gamers, it's standard to strap a battery pack to the back head strap, which also serves as a counterbalance to the weight of the headset. Based on frequent comments on Reddit, players are going strong for at least 4 hours. More an issue might be that VRChat is more limited -- at least that's what users are complaining about. I've never used it so I wouldn't know either way.

Ghost Pepper

Gaming Guru
SL Rez
SLU Posts

She said that the sound quality sounds the same to her but that the Oculus earbuds are more comfortable for longer periods of time.

I noticed both of them on Amazon a few days ago.
I got the off brand earbuds but haven't tried them yet. I also had to get another cable for side loading because for some reason it wouldn't consistently work with the cable I got that has the detachable end piece that goes into the Quest. It would charge though.

Ghost Pepper

Gaming Guru
SL Rez
SLU Posts
The earbuds work great. I can move my head and the sound moves with it.

I was able to use VRidge for Steam VR but at times the graphics wouldn't look good if I moved too quickly. Didn't try ALVR yet.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Beebo Brink