Calling all Trump Supporters and MAGAs

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I disagree. The USA have a whole arsenal of betraying their voters at their disposal, like e.g. gerrymandering, really bad voting machines, and deleting voters in the electoral registers for invented reasons. For example Jeb Bush in 2000 deleted ten thousands of black voters, because he claimed they've commited crimes and were convicted, which is enough in Florida to loose the right to vote. Of course all of this was just invented. Millions of votes are never counted every election as well.

Or in New York City when the candidates back then were Clinton and Bernie Sanders, there were in Brooklyn alone 126.000 people deleted out of the registers, which would have preferred Sanders. And so on and on... the methods are something you would expect in Paraguy under Stroessner, but not in America.

Investigative journalist Greg Palast for example thinks, that the Interstate Crosscheck was abused by GOP to delete voters which would have not voted for Trump; anyway according to him over 7.2 million voters are in this list:

Palast also talked with Obama about his elections; Obama was aware about the theft of votes, Palast says, in the million range. Therefore Obamas plan was to have such a high majority, that this theft doesn't matter. Palast himself estimates it to be in the six million range.

And so on and on... just read this books by Greg Palast:
Yes, I don't disagree at all.

You will recall that I said
Rural and agricultural areas, in consequence, become treated like any other third-world country ("shithole countries," as some American politicians have called them), ruled over by corrupt colonial administrators and governors who run them for the benefit of the colonialists and exploit them any way they can, while trying to keep the rural proletariat in line by fomenting intercommunal hostility and by congratulating the favoured group on how much better they are than their despised rivals.
I should have added gerrymandering and electoral corruption and malpractice to the methods used by the colonial administrators and governors to maintain political control of the colonised areas.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I may actually start putting bumper stickers on my car, but even in Minneapolis you'll get aggressively tailgated by a**hats several times a week.

Can anyone recommend a bumper sticker sort of like this? (I'm not even armed, but I can fire a gun ... I need it to keep the RWNJ's from trying to p0wn my car.

Code:
          ARMED LIBERAL          
     -----------------------  
       DON'T.  JUST DON'T.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
I’m only against a Constitutional Convention because the Domininionists want it and god knows what they would do.

I still think we could fix it by giving statehood to DC and PR.
Oh hey I had some douchebag going all WE GON PUT TANKS IN CANADUR AND TAKE OVER YEW SYRUP SUCKIN PUSSY HURR HURR!

So I'm like oh wow a brain genius wants a future of 30 million extra voters who think Nader is right wing.

So he's like WHO SEZ YEW GET VOTES HURR HURR.

So I'm like brain genius wants a pissed off populace of insurgents on a giant ass hard to defend border who look like Americans, sound a lot like Americans, and know American culture inside out. YoU sHoUlD bE sEc Of DeFeNsE bUdDy!

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
I may actually start putting bumper stickers on my car, but even in Minneapolis you'll get aggressively tailgated by a**hats several times a week.

Can anyone recommend a bumper sticker sort of like this? (I'm not even armed, but I can fire a gun ... I need it to keep the RWNJ's from trying to p0wn my car.

Code:
          ARMED LIBERAL         
     ----------------------- 
       DON'T.  JUST DON'T.
You didn't even try, did you. :)

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
You didn't even try, did you. :)

I did. I didn't like that one.

If you mean "didn't" even try because I didn't make a pretty HTML bit of code - I've taken my required HTML/CSS class. I've done my time.

Back end developer forever

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
What gets me is storage limits on cloud services. Usually it is in the 5 GB range. I have single files that are larger than that.

If it is some random cloud storage, fine. What irks me is when it is someplace like Apple, where they already have a customer base that has paid a pretty penny to enter the ecosystem. Situations like that should have a base cap like a TB or 2.
So, I have one on why that's the case, though it's a stupid one.

A year or so ago, Microsoft started offering unlimited One Drive storage with Office 365. I almost subbed up. But they lopped it down to 1TB.

Why?

Dumbasses is why. Because people were running scripts and uploading many many many TB of garbage files to their One drive, just to see if it was "actually unlimited". Basically, people were abusing it.

• 1Thanks

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
So, I have one on why that's the case, though it's a stupid one.

A year or so ago, Microsoft started offering unlimited One Drive storage with Office 365. I almost subbed up. But they lopped it down to 1TB.

Why?

Dumbasses is why. Because people were running scripts and uploading many many many TB of garbage files to their One drive, just to see if it was "actually unlimited". Basically, people were abusing it.
Uggh, people tend to ruin things. I keep debating using an old computer and paying for a fixed ip so I have my own cloud. Of course then it is less a cloud but a 'I do not want to carry a huge external HD'.

• 1Like

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Uggh, people tend to ruin things. I keep debating using an old computer and paying for a fixed ip so I have my own cloud. Of course then it is less a cloud but a 'I do not want to carry a huge external HD'.
They've got 1TB* thumbdrives now: Amazon.com: USB 2.0 Flash Drive 1TB Metal Design - Silver USB Flash Drive 1000GB: Computers & Accessories

*Well, they call it 1TB/1000GB, which apparently works out to 930GiB. It's still a pretty impressive amount of storage on your keychain.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

detrius

Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
USB 2.0

It'll take forever to download all the data from that thing.
Yeah, I didn't see any USB 3 thumbdrives of that capacity - at least not on Amazon.

But, hey, it's far better than burning a terabyte worth of DVDs or - *shudders* - floppies.

• 2Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin and Sid

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Yeah, I didn't see any USB 3 thumbdrives of that capacity - at least not on Amazon.

But, hey, it's far better than burning a terabyte worth of DVDs or - *shudders* - floppies.
Give it a little bit and there will be a USB 3 version.

• 1Like

Chalice Yao

The Purple
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2007
SLU Posts
There are a couple of 1TB USB 3.* sticks (Which aren't the same model sold again and again as different strange brands like 'HBVA', 'GWFAS', 'YWNS' or 'Doripal'....). But not for that price.
Think more around ~200 bucks. A good 256gb USB 3.* will already cost more than the price of those...1TB USB2.* sticks.

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
They've got 1TB* thumbdrives now: Amazon.com: USB 2.0 Flash Drive 1TB Metal Design - Silver USB Flash Drive 1000GB: Computers & Accessories

*Well, they call it 1TB/1000GB, which apparently works out to 930GiB. It's still a pretty impressive amount of storage on your keychain.
Unfortunately, mostly likely full of lies and fail.

There are a LOT of completely bogus "high capacity" USB sticks out there. They take something like old 4G sticks and hack the firmware so it looks like something a lot bigger in Explorer. Needless to say they don't work well...

I found out for the loss of $3 that you can't even trust ones that claim to be 64G, let alone something insane like 1T.

Last edited:

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Watch this before you buy one of those 1TB flash sticks:

Explanation starts at 8 min if you want to skip to the tl:dw.
Ah Linus, he does some, interesting, things with hardware. Like making an SSD out of cheep usb sticks or an umpteen-K monitor by hooking up a large matrix of 4k ones.

• 1Thanks