Nobody Cares: PRS

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
And now Yaxley-Lennon is in a bit of a flap, fearing -- not without reason -- that he's about to be banged up again for a year or so:

Full reasons for the judgment, if anyone is interested:

ETA: Commentary in this thread:

Last edited:

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
One bit of good news: since the NI assembly, which should be reviewing such legislation, has been moribund since 2017, Parliament has voted to do the right thing in two separate regards, both of which the DUP can try to undo should they ever get off their backsides and get the Assembly working again.

• 1Thanks
  • 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer and Ashiri

Tigger

not on speaking terms with the voices in my head
And now Yaxley-Lennon is in a bit of a flap, fearing -- not without reason -- that he's about to be banged up again for a year or so:

Yaxley-Lennon as an asylum seeker has brought me to literal tears of laughter.

But if he isn't currently locked up while awaiting sentencing, doesn't requesting political asylum to escape his sentence make him a flight risk? Shouldn't he be locked up immediately?

• 1Agree
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Yaxley-Lennon as an asylum seeker has brought me to literal tears of laughter.

But if he isn't currently locked up while awaiting sentencing, doesn't requesting political asylum to escape his sentence make him a flight risk? Shouldn't he be locked up immediately?
You can just imagine what must be going through the Ecuadorian Ambassador's mind right now... "Oh, dear God, no!!!!"

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
You can just imagine what must be going through the Ecuadorian Ambassador's mind right now... "Oh, dear God, no!!!!"
We're sorry, Mister Lennon, but the door appears to be stuck and our usual repairman was Polish, and it seems he's fled the country and we're in the process of finding a new hire.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

They've given him nine months, so it looks as if neither Individual 1 nor President Moreno of Ecuador was prepared to rescue him:

Background: Why is Tommy Robinson being jailed for contempt of court?

ETA: The Guardian goes on to explain

After deduction for time served, the sentence will amount to 19 weeks of which he will only serve half before being released.

I think that means he ends up doing 91/2 weeks, which I remember seeing when it first came out.

ETA: Full sentencing remarks: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/yaxley-lennon-decision-on-penalty-190711.pdf

Last edited:
  • 2Thanks
Reactions: Govi and Brenda Archer

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Now Tropical Storm Barry. The forecast track, and thus the heaviest expected rain, has shifted slightly east. Good news for me. Worst possible news for New Orleans:

But we know these forecast tracks shift and wobble over time, so hope for the best.

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Roberts Thwarted Trump, but the Census Ruling Has a Second Purpose The Supreme Court rejected Trump’s citizenship question, but the ruling serves a conservative counterrevolution against the administrative state.

Put these three decisions together—the census case, Gundy, and Kisor—and we may soon have a world where Congress can no longer outsource lawmaking to agencies, courts will no longer defer to agencies’ interpretations of congressional statutes, and courts will closely scrutinize when agencies do act. The upshot of this trifecta is that power will be exercised by elected government officials or courts, not the bureaucracy.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
Please share this with anyone you know who is at risk.

Also, they seem to be going after blue cities. It is nakedly political.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
I’m not sure about this. People don’t usually elect the kind of talented technocrats who could handle the job, with few exceptions (like Warren and AOC).

On the other hand, the talented technocrats are almost always Dem, so a public aware of the change might push Left as a result.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Now Tropical Storm Barry. The forecast track, and thus the heaviest expected rain, has shifted slightly east. Good news for me. Worst possible news for New Orleans:

But we know these forecast tracks shift and wobble over time, so hope for the best.
Stay safe, and keep us posted.

• 1Like
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer and Govi

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
I can’t get through the paywall, but even so, this looks interesting.