Democratic Party Debates

Eunoli

SLU Cassandra
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
As to comparing the issue of Hilary versus Trump, it is a no-brainer:

1) Hilary did a dumb ass thing and had some documents marked classified on her email server.
2) Trump /ON PURPOSE/ gave classified information to the Russians IN THE OVAL OFFICE and jeopardized our alliances and an unknown amount of allied assets.
3) Trump /ON PURPOSE/ took the word of the Russian dictator about his involvement in an act of cyberwar against the United States over that of the professional intelligence community that works for him.
4) Trump /ON PURPOSE/ allowed several people to work in top White House positions who were unable to get permanent security clearances, not for a day or two, but for many, many months.
5) Trump /ON PURPOSE/ refused to allow the notes from his meeting with Putin be included in any read-out and denied Congress access to them.

It goes on. It goes on and on and on.

NyteWytch

What's good, Miley?
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
SLU Posts
Yes, I think that any one of these candidates who has taken an oath to the Constitution knows that Hillary Clinton committed a crime that nobody gets out of jail free on, let alone becomes President on. It's not just emails or private servers, it's the Top Secret Classified Information in them.

This isn't conspiracy theory. This is just based on evidence. I can't answer why she was doing this, why the evidence was bleached away, why hard drives were destroyed, why laptops vanished in the mail, why Huma Abedin needed copies at her home, or why these people were willing to throw an election to Trump to cover for her. I am, however, dumbfounded that people don't think it's important to know what all of this charade was really about.
But you don't find it important that the sitting president and his cronies have done similar? You have yet to answer this.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Yeah, I was trying to tell people in 2016 that I live in DC and there is about as close to 0 chance of us ever electing ANY republican as you can get (donnie got 5% here).
Conversely, I live in West Virginia and there's fuck'all chance of ever getting a Dem. The closest we have is Manchin.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I sympathize with your screaming at me, I do. In some ways, I envy where you're at. I wish I still had the ability to scream it all away and feel satisfied suckling on the lies of my Democratic Party belief system and the MSM comfort food of MSNBC and NPR.
And yet, you're perfectly okay with a lying, narcissistic imbecile having the nuclear football. Right.

Dude! I'll gladly take the comfort food of MSNBC and NPR over the toxic Fox News hellstew you've been swilling. Your whole rant reads like a Tea Party white paper. There is no evidence that Hillary mishandled top secret information of any kind, or that she had malicious intent with any kind of classified material. Should she have used a personal mail server for government business? No, probably not. But there was no rule barring it, and she was neither the first nor the last to do so. That's right, members of Trump's counsel are doing it now, and yet there's no outrage about it.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
And yet, you're perfectly okay with a lying, narcissistic imbecile having the nuclear football. Right.

Dude! I'll gladly take the comfort food of MSNBC and NPR over the toxic Fox News hellstew you've been swilling. Your whole rant reads like a Tea Party white paper. There is no evidence that Hillary mishandled top secret information of any kind, or that she had malicious intent with any kind of classified material. Should she have used a personal mail server for government business? No, probably not. But there was no rule barring it, and she was neither the first nor the last to do so. That's right, members of Trump's counsel are doing it now, and yet there's no outrage about it.
I think the hint there is the usage of "MSM, or mainstream media". Granted, MSNBC definitely does lean left, but their reporting is usually sound. NPR delivers excellent reporting all around and typically stays away from charged terms. Both certainly are far above the sheer level of propaganda and outright misreporting/lies and underreporting of something like a Fox News.

I'm guessing the poster in question dallies about in websites that purport to "tell you all of the news that the rest will not", or some other such nonsense. While it can be easy enough to fall into a bubble of watching only news sources that, in general, support your beliefs, it is also incredibly naive to believe that some joe-blow with a website, some link on Reddit, or something like a Breitbart that makes up things out of sheer air or dabbles in conspiracy theories planted by the Russians, such as the Seth Rich one or dubious "stories" from over-worked minds, such as pizza-gate, purport to be truth-tellers.

Last edited:

Spirits Rising

Quite Blunt
SL Rez
Joined SLU
08/24/2014
SLU Posts
Aeon Jiminy - Grow. The. Fuck. Up. And. Put. Down. The. Conspiracy. Theory. Bullshit.

There, you got the exact response you've been trolling for this entire time, happy?

The message remains, child: Grow the fuck up, stop believing every nut job that caters to your personal beliefs and actually put that currently stunted bundle of neurons inside of your skull to use.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Conversely, I live in West Virginia and there's fuck'all chance of ever getting a Dem. The closest we have is Manchin.
Yeah, being in a "safe" state sucks no matter your party .... at least neither bothers to campaign here. A little in the primaries, but even then it is meh. DC is the last primary so usually it is a foregone conclusion by the time we get a say. Yes, it is hella strange going from the first-in-the-nation primary where you do not have to declare (NH) to the last one where you actually have to say what party you are with when you register (DC). The last part is especially annoying because unless that field says "democrat" you effectively do not get a say in local issues.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
This reminds me so much about "Republican Space Rangers" on Weasel News right now:

Last edited:

GoblinCampFollower

SL Rez
Whether or not this is a popular opinion is rather beside the point. We have a constitution that lays out the rules, and changing that constitution is one helluva chore.
Related to this, the courts recently ruled that nothing in the constitution actually stops people from Gerrymandering districts to all hell. An amendment that does more to ensure every person's vote is just as meaningful is unlikely to pass since people who benefit from the current system would have to go along with it.