WTF LOL! Please check out the SL blog

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Was the double land inclusion for existing premium members? I didn't see an increase in my available land.
The increase wasn't applied to Premium accounts that were old enough to already have 1024sm of tier. Life accounts were also afforded no increase. I'm beginning to wonder if a new Premium structure will wipe out all of the older benefits.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Ryanna Enfield

Monique Bellambi

Has anyone gone from L$500 linden account with monthly/quarterly premium to yearly without losing your stipend? I subbed quarterly and now I want to get the $72/year while I can. I keep hearing conflicting things and customer service hasn't emailed me back yet.

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Has anyone gone from L$500 linden account with monthly/quarterly premium to yearly without losing your stipend? I subbed quarterly and now I want to get the $72/year while I can. I keep hearing conflicting things and customer service hasn't emailed me back yet.
It should work so long as there isn't any lapse. I have done it with my accounts because I wasn't sure what their stipend would be.

I would sub up during one of those half off quarterly sales, since it was cheap, and if I hit a 500L$ or 400L$, I would keep it going at a year.

• 1Like
Reactions: Monique Bellambi

Mechanical

SL Rez
My own experience I've went into and out of preimium many times and get my 500$L/week when I am in premium. So there is no need to worry about losing out on that in the future.

• 1Like
Reactions: Monique Bellambi

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
These new features are not worth such a large increase in tier, 37.5% They'd need to give an additional free 512 for me to justify the expense.
LL never got that this would be one of the best "perks," and instead just put in a few "VIP sandboxes" and dubious freebies. It's not like there's a shortage of empty land to go around.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Cristalle

Clara D.

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
wow people *really* like their groups. I hardly use them, and if we need a group chat going there is always discord wich is waayyyyy more reliable.
Some of us like to have a social life in SL that involves knowing what's going on and where.

Discord is waaaaaay not a substitute for group notices.

• 1Hug
  • 1Screwdriver
Reactions: Han Held and PandoraB

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
LL never got that this would be one of the best "perks," and instead just put in a few "VIP sandboxes" and dubious freebies. It's not like there's a shortage of empty land to go around.
It also would double as a huge L$ sink since a lot of land for sale is stupidly overpriced.

• 2Agree
Reactions: Cristalle and Clara D.

Da5id Weatherwax

SL Rez
Joined SLU
08-20-2010
SLU Posts
For me, the big deal is the increase in cashout fees. I make all my $L income from performing. Playing a live set in SL implies exactly the same amount of work and costs as playing that set in RL. Same amount of rehearsal and prep time, same wear on the same gear. The revenue, needless to say, doesn't compare in the slightest but my margin is still positive. Tiny but positive. It's quite possible that the cashout fee increase will reverse that.

These days, this is what I do. Every penny of spare scratch I get in RL comes from working as a musician and sound guy. I love sharing my music with others and don't mind playing for free from time to time but ask me to make a loss on entertaining your customers with no kind of RL "intangible return" and I'll be looking at you a bit funny.

Wildefire Walcott

Landless Premium
SL Rez
Joined SLU
2006?
For me, the big deal is the increase in cashout fees.
This is the thing. Not only did they double the fee, they also removed the cap. From the email I just received:

"Due to increased regulatory and compliance costs to Linden Lab, the fee for processing credit transactions (i.e. paying real money into a PayPal or Skrill account) in Second Life is changing.

Effective June 24, 2019, the process credit fee will increase from 2.5% per transaction to 5% per transaction with a minimum fee of US$3. There is no maximum fee."

I was already skeptical of the high cap ($250 USD) when they introduced the percentage-based fees in early 2018, but "regulatory and compliance costs" cannot add up to unlimited fees.

EDIT: And the one thing that actually COULD stimulate some growth of the grid- reduced monthly land use fees for mainland/private regions- STILL hasn't happened. (And probably won't, so long as they're focused on increasing recurring fees.)

Han Held

Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Some of us like to have a social life in SL that involves knowing what's going on and where.

Discord is waaaaaay not a substitute for group notices.
Tryna figure out what about this message is screwdriver worthy
Not seein it

Clara D.

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
[edit] better video [/edit]