Status
Not open for further replies.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I didn't watch this Town Hall -- I won't watch Fox for anyone, not even Pete Buttigieg -- but apparently he received a standing ovation at the end. And numerous applause reactions to opinions that startled Chris Wallace.
That could be what's got Trumplethinskin all spun up today. I like it!

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Trump is going to have a meltdown.

Chris Wallace: "How would you handle [Trump's] tweets?"

Mayor Pete: "The tweets are... I don't care."

[really loud applause]

Wallace: "It's a great way to command attention."

Mayor Pete: "It's a great way to command attention from the media."
Followed by:
"It's the nature of grotesque things that you can’t look away."

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly

"American moral authority" is mildly unsettling to this foreigner. I can see it being more than mildly unsettling to foreigners in countries America has an unhappy history with.

President Nutbag is more unsettling.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I'm concerned about the Democratic candidates even giving Fox News the time of day, because it lends an air of legitimacy to the propaganda machine Fox News is. But I also heard that Buttigieg killed it during his town hall that they aired. So maybe it's possible to use the machine to our advantage.

Pancake

Fluffer
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
"American moral authority" is mildly unsettling to this foreigner. I can see it being more than mildly unsettling to foreigners in countries America has an unhappy history with.

President Nutbag is more unsettling.
Right?
Everyone knows Canada is the global moral authority.
:giggle::p

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Trump is again threatening the Iran; interesting to read what he twittered six years ago at the same topic there:

BTW: it is now quite certain why the USA feel so threatened by Iran. Iran has mounted short range rockets on small motor boats. In a scenario where a swarm of those motor boats is trying to attack an air craft carrier, the air craft carrier always looses, because you cannot eliminate this swarm threat in a fast and reliable kind of fashion.

Of course the evidence is fantastic as ever, when the USA do feel threatened.

Anyway, the strategy makes sense. More important though is the fear, that using those boats the Iran might interrupt the oil deliveries hailing from Saudi Arabia. Oil is still quite cheap, because KSA as an American ally is producing so much, that it intentionallly hurts countries which do depend on oil income like Venezuela, Russia or Iran. Of course if this would be gone, oil price would rise and that's the second fear.

So this is why at the moment Trump is going so much against Iran. BTW, if Saudia Arabias oil exports would stop, the gas price in the USA would increase as well, because the shale oil capacity of refineries in the USA cannot satisfy the domestic gas demand alone.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010

I wonder if it's possible for my eyes to roll completely out of my head. This Moron-in-Chief is seriously going to test that theory!
Forget the people who got them there....That choice of words is interesting. Apparently he believes that he got Fox where it is today? He expects them to never cover a democrat? I think perhaps he forgets that Fox is one of the reasons he is where he is today. He's trying to influence a media outlet (repugnant as Fox even) to not cover his political opposition.

Can we just please start impeachment proceedings now? No, we probably won't get anywhere, but hey, at least one Republican has jumped ship. Get the proceedings going and get more to join. That is what happened with Nixon. Of course, time is a-running short.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
I'm really ambivalent about the Fox Town Halls. In principle, I agree with Elizabeth Warren, but I also appreciate Mayor Pete's perspective, that this is an audience worth reaching and from all reports he was stellar and didn't pull any punches, even against Fox itself. From what I've seen so far, Buttigieg has a unique ability to deliver progressive ideas in a form and context that conservative white audiences will actually hear. I'd have higher hopes for his success if it weren't for his glaring lack of African-American support.

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I'm really ambivalent about the Fox Town Halls. In principle, I agree with Elizabeth Warren, but I also appreciate Mayor Pete's perspective, that this is an audience worth reaching and from all reports he was stellar and didn't pull any punches, even against Fox itself. From what I've seen so far, Buttigieg has a unique ability to deliver progressive ideas in a form and context that conservative white audiences will actually hear. I'd have higher hopes for his success if it weren't for his glaring lack of African-American support.
I am just dreaming of what a great cabinet whoever is President will have. I haven’t decided what Pete can be, but something important.

Porsupah Ree

Shy bunny
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Guardian Live - 3h ago 22:09

President Trump’s attorneys have been fighting a House oversight committee subpoena of one of the president’s accounting firms, Mazars USA, for eight years of Trump’s personal and business records.

Today, Judge Amit Mehta ruled in favor of the House oversight committee.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.