New Wave of Second Life Bots

Skate Foss

Anyone else noticing the wave of September 2018 Bots rezzing on your sims? Heres a list of a few,
clavilux
SurveyPilch
paysagist
nunnation
noddypeak
VarTabed
Rollyverp
admanuensis
-just a few. All created on 09/03/2018 or 09/18/2018
-Someones been busy. What do they want?

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Hmmm....interesting. What sorts of things are the bots doing? Did you ban or report anyone on your sims on or around those dates?

• 1Like
Reactions: Patricia de Chenier

Patricia de Chenier

Just found Clavilux in my property, banned him. As it was early morning, I thought "clod from (insert name of country notable for horndogs)".

Clavilux is bouncing around my boundaries as we speak, and it's not helping lag in my estate. Any suggestions as to correctives? Since Clavilux is now trying to intrude from Coastal Waterway in the Schoe sim, it's also Linden Public Works Department's issue. At least I'll see if that theory helps my case.

Last edited:

Patricia de Chenier

Hmmm....interesting. What sorts of things are the bots doing? Did you ban or report anyone on your sims on or around those dates?
Just found Clavilux on my land, banned it, and no, I haven't been griefed lately. In my case, Clavilux just was sitting there, but since it's a male avatar and my property doesn't allow them, we banned it on general principles. And that stirred Clavilux up. It's now zooming around my property's boundaries trying to get in.

Patricia de Chenier

Anyone else noticing the wave of September 2018 Bots rezzing on your sims? Heres a list of a few,
clavilux
SurveyPilch
paysagist
nunnation
noddypeak
VarTabed
Rollyverp
admanuensis
Seems like a "crime of opportunity". Leave your ban lines down and allow just anyone to enter your parcel, and you're fair game. Since the parcel someone left Clavilux on is infrequently visited, I'm tempted to use a whitelist and put ban lines up there. We're in a nautical community, though, and I really don't want to have ban lines.

Last edited:

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
Seems like a "crime of opportunity". Leave your ban lines down and allow just anyone to enter your parcel, and you're fair game. Since the parcel someone left Clavilux on is infrequently visited, I'm tempted to use a whitelist and put ban lines up there. We're in a nautical community, though, and I really don't want to have ban lines.

A hyperactive orb might be discouraging. What if you turned on damage and used him for shooting practice? I don't know if that would get rid of him, but it would certainly be entertaining. Or if he comes back after an orb warning, you could encase him in prims, forcing his owner to teleport him out in order to retrieve him.

Patricia de Chenier

clavilux
SurveyPilch
paysagist
nunnation
noddypeak
VarTabed
Rollyverp
admanuensis
Thanks for listing these bot names. Busily adding them to my ban list. Meanwhile, we need to file tickets when bots like this park in our sims and estates and persist in trying to re-enter them after being ejected and banned.

• 2Like
Reactions: Sid and Brenda Archer

Patricia de Chenier

A hyperactive orb might be discouraging. What if you turned on damage and used him for shooting practice? I don't know if that would get rid of him, but it would certainly be entertaining. Or if he comes back after an orb warning, you could encase him in prims, forcing his owner to teleport him out in order to retrieve him.
I banned Clavilux. The bot was ejected from my property, but even now is continuing to try to re-enter it, causing severe performance issues. Humor aside, ejecting this kind of bot will probably harm your region's performance.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
I banned Clavilux. The bot was ejected from my property, but even now is continuing to try to re-enter it, causing severe performance issues. Humor aside, ejecting this kind of bot will probably harm your region's performance.
I hope your ticket works out then. Apart from griefing for lulz, what could motivate someone to do this with a bot? It seems like a lot of effort for no reason I can think of.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Romana

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Surveying for some reason or other?
Survey bots normally jump in and out within seconds. And they don't try on and on to enter a banned sim or parcel.
Or these are some with a mal functioning script.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Myficals

Nein!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Feb 2010
SLU Posts
Survey bots normally jump in and out within seconds. And they don't try on and on to enter a banned sim or parcel.
Or these are some with a mal functioning script.
I imagine it would depend on the exact nature of the survey. If it's someone trying to track parcel ownership for example, they may have scripted the bots to act like this.

As for why someone may want that information, I don't have a guess for that.

• 1Thanks

Lance Corrimal

if you decide to do this send me a landmark, i need some practice.

• 1Love

Ashiri

√(-1)
SL Rez
SLU Posts
I imagine it would depend on the exact nature of the survey. If it's someone trying to track parcel ownership for example, they may have scripted the bots to act like this.

As for why someone may want that information, I don't have a guess for that.
That would be a poor way of getting parcel details though it's possible that someone doesn't know of a better way.
(Long ago, I used llGetParcelDetails and llGetParcelFlags for mapping suitable flight paths.)

• 1Thanks

clavilux

There are two types of data that's gathered:
- Parcel information: Owner, group, claim date, position, dimensions, flags, dwell, whitelist, blacklist, etc. for statistics.
- Groups: Who belong to which groups. This is to map relationships between communities.

You can tell which data is being gathered by the time a bot spends on a single region, if it's less than 2 minutes, it's gathering parcel information. Otherwise it is gathering group information.

The data is gathered through modified metaverse clients so no LSL is used.

Selecting regions is done by weighted randomisation, where these factors count towards a region getting picked:
- time since the last update (the longer it's been, the more it's likely to get picked)
- parcel dwells
- how many changes the parcels tend to have between the updates

The individual bots keep track of which regions and parcels they've been banned from, but this resets daily.

Nestis Carthage

Myself and a few others would like to share that there is more data being collected then what Mr. Clavilux claims. I would also like to note that he has created software and sells said software for these so called "bots". The other data that he collects, is who is on the sim. And somehow if you are lucky enough to be on that list of special people he tracks, ( I say he, because it is either him or someone he has sold his software to) you will be inundated with bots on every single sim you visit, whether you have been to this sim previously or not. With over 23,000 sims I can no longer believe it is a coincidence that they show up when I tp somewhere.

This is a current list of his frequent flyer program:

AmelienDream
Brenden Caiben
Brenden Chingseng
Brenden Hammand
Brenden Lowtide
Brenden Metaluna
Brenden Nandahar
Brenden Zalivstok
cartometer
clavilux
DamienOdor
Heaven Inniatzo
Heaven Ormenthal
HolmesPo
Howard (howardlive)
Jeff (sentjizo)
Natalia Blauvelt
Natalia Jeriamas
noddypeak
nunnation
paysagist
Plagate
Rihanna Macalroy
Riley Lerintzo
Riley Ordinary
Riley Pyrithea
rupicoline
Selena Balzibo
Selena Dimitriaski
StevieJessop
SurveyPilch
tisicky
TriChicken
UntidyKaryn
uridine
vaniloquence
VarTabed
ViralTech

I am sure this is not the complete list, but i have extensive records and can prove that they have all shown up in my local chat as being on sim (within radar) at least a dozen times , in several areas of second life (Aka not just one sim) This is stalking by the purest of definitions and privacy issues are a concern.

BTW this has been adressed by others as well. INTRODUCING THE 5/9 BOTS - Cassandra's Corner and here also: My Banned Bots List - Cassandra's Corner

At one point there was a HUD available, that clearly uses bots recording information of location of avatars on sim. FindYourFriend HUD

• 1Eye Roll
  • 1Like
Reactions: Ash and clavilux

NeoBokrug Elytis

Thread Reaper
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
I have built a few SL bots myself, for personal use. Using llGetAgentLanguage() to "detect" bots is very flawed; especially since other viewers can opt to not share that information.

At some point you just gotta stop caring or get a private region, or turn on avatars on other parcels cannot see me.

My avatar is a bot.