Nobody cares about food.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
DO IT THURSDAY! :yarrr:
I need supplies. Like the steak! And the sandwich rolls! I can't shop until Friday after work.

If I had what I need I would have made them tonight because I was thinking about stopping for one on the drive home. Then I realized I haven't made them in a while, and I like mine!

I don't want to change your mind because good cheese steaks are delicious! I hope you're getting your inspiration from somewhere in the NE US, especially around Philly though. The things they called cheese steaks when I lived in Portland OR were mostly terrible.
Um, how is Northwestern steak and cheese made?

Philly steaks are usually made with eye round shaved or sliced really thin. I make mine with sirloin tips cut into cubes or little bites. Makes for a longer prep time but that's how I make 'em! You can cook the steak with a seasoning but I like mine just lightly peppered. Toss that in a roll and smother with cheese (sharp cheddar for me!). Toast in the oven for 5 minutes, then spread some shredded lettuce, sliced tomato, chopped onions and dill pickles on top.

Then the best part, you eat it! :love:

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sounds good to me!

/me taking notes, to give it a try soon.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Porsupah Ree

Shy bunny
SL Rez
Joined SLU
So, I finally got to try a new generation vegan burger - probably Beyond Meat, but being at a chain bistro, we couldn't really tell. Either way, I admit, I was really pleased! Lovely taste, a good texture - not as rough as one might expect, but not nearly as smooth as Quorn's wares tend to be - and just satisfying. (This was sort of at the behest of a friend; we meet up now and then, and I'd indicated my interest in stuff like Impossible Burger)

Plus, yay, an excuse for more avocado. =:D (I am but a humble Californian bunny. It's obligatory =:)

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I think I'm going to make steak and cheese sandwiches for dinner Friday night.
And so I did! it was so good I had to let Friday pass in observance before posting about it.

There seemed to be a good response about it so I took some snaps and did a little documenting to post a thread on it. You'll all soon get to see the tiny work area in my "kitchen" I like to bitch about.

Kaimi Kyomoon

Persistent Participant
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
MORE AVOCADO IS BEST AVOCADO!:dance:
I was about to say something like there is no such thing as too much avocado and then I remember last year when the neighbor's tree dumped a gazillion of them on us over about 4 weeks. Yes I know you can freeze them.

Lady Darnk Juniorette

⚧🎃💀Chaos Agent Forum Lord💀🎃⚧
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2012
SLU Posts
I microwaved a whole 1/2lb (a little under but close enough) hamburger patty to see how bad I could make a burger before I wont eat it and I've ran out of safe ways of cooking before I wont.

Also microwaving a lump of beef is horiffic and makes BEEF PUCK.
Salt and pepper an it was fine tho.

love,
FIVE STAR WORLD CLASS CHEF, Darnk <3

• 1Hug
Reactions: Brenda Archer
SL Rez
SLU Posts
This one is two pounds. I think the trick may be to cook on low heat most of the way for a much longer time then turn it up near the end.

eku zhong

Zhonging along.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Mar 2009
SLU Posts
just brown your hamburger in a frying pan and then pop it in the oven.. DO NOT MICROWAVE THAT SHIT. (it will fall out of your arse in rubbery lumps and bounce back and hit you where the chocolate starfish resides.)

Lady Darnk Juniorette

⚧🎃💀Chaos Agent Forum Lord💀🎃⚧
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2012
SLU Posts
just brown your hamburger in a frying pan and then pop it in the oven.. DO NOT MICROWAVE THAT SHIT. (it will fall out of your arse in rubbery lumps and bounce back and hit you where the chocolate starfish resides.)
NO ONE TELLS MY BOOTY WHAT TO DO!!!!!

Also no need for oven, frying pan is fine! I'm not getting the oven involved if'n I don't have'ta.

Tigger

not on speaking terms with the voices in my head
I was about to say something like there is no such thing as too much avocado and then I remember last year when the neighbor's tree dumped a gazillion of them on us over about 4 weeks. Yes I know you can freeze them.
Am I the only person who could never even bring themselves to try avocado? I don't know what it is, theres just something about it that makes my brain scream "NOT FOOD!" at me.

• 1Like
Reactions: Dakota Tebaldi