Nobody Cares: the Non-Fungible Thread

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Guess what guys it's the Jews' fault

If I had George Soros levels of money I would have been betting it against Bitcoin in the past six months, as well. I'm thinking a lot of people had enough brains to see this coming. But then not all of them are Jewish Boogeymen for the fascist bent.

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Oh yeah that part of "Web3" is so stupid. Ok, its "decentralized". But it still has to exist somewhere on servers and a network. Its bot fucking magic.

Do they think the entire web will exist on a block chain that everyone hosts like some massive torrent ball? Do they not realize just how fuckhuge massive that would be?

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
The thing about Web 2 is that if I move my server or change providers, DNS will update and point people to the new address. If you change the host of your Disinterested Primates jpegs, the blockchain says nope, SOL. Central coordination creates stability.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
The thing about Web 2 is that if I move my server or change providers, DNS will update and point people to the new address. If you change the host of your Disinterested Primates jpegs, the blockchain says nope, SOL. Central coordination creates stability.
Yeah but then you have to trust someone will uodate that in the web 2 world, and the web 3 era is "trustless" which is good because it can't be fixed. Anyway, its all about not wanting to trust anyone or anything because web3 is run by paranoid loonies, or something.

• 2Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin and Govi

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts

FYI: NFT NYC is a convention of easy marks and low-hanging fruit taking place in New York beginning yesterday through Thursday the 23rd that has been billed by its organizers and advertisers as "the CES of NFTs", an irresistible soft target if there ever was one.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I've had that once in a while, but not tonight.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Essence Lumin

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Corr, which is sort of a Virtual World game platform, is having a big deal this week, or soon.

I got kind of excited about the news I saw about improved avatars, but then I saw the line up of topics and its all NFT and Blockchain.

So I just quietly unsubbed to their Twitter and decided I was probably done there

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
I suspect that any "new virtual world" is going to be All Blockchain All The Time.

Even recent otherwise legit virtual worlds like High Fidelity and NeosVR have been using blockchain-based currency.

It's like watching gangrene spread.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Govi

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
  • 1Facepalm
Reactions: Govi

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
It seems like Keanu Reeves may have had a change of heart around NFTs. In December, the actor was sent into peels of laughter after my colleague Alex Heath asked him about the idea of digital scarcity and digital collectibles. Reeves commented that digital items are easily reproduced.

Now, though, he’s joined a project from Non-Fungible Labs, acting as an advisor for a program called the Futureverse Foundation, which aims to improve “the digital and physical worlds through the support of diverse artists and creative communities.” According to The Hollywood Reporter, that involves introducing traditional artists to NFTs and funding their efforts.
There's gold in them thar hills.