Next GOP hit target: Lauren Boebert

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I don't know, this story feels a bit sus.

The Cawthorn allegations had photos and videos backing them up at least. What has this story got behind it? I'mma wait and see.

I do want to say ahead of time that I don't see anything wrong with being a sex worker, or getting abortions due to sex work, or doing sex work for richies, or a sex worker deciding to flip careers and run for federal office. I wouldn't put it past GOP to use those things against someone of course; but there's gonna need to be some meat on those bones if they expect her voting base to turn on her over them. And I'm also disappointed to see that it's allegedly a coalition of Republicans AND Democrats supporting this.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
You expecting selfies taken at the abortion clinic?
lol of course not; but I expect, like....something? Proof she ever was a sex worker at all? Something a little more substantial than "we found a guy who says these things".

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
It's right there in the tweet I embedded in the OP. I've already come across it in several other discussions about this.

It's like a requirement: As progressives we don't have a problem with sex workers, so it has to be made clear right up front when bringing it up as part of the accusations against Boebert.

Personally, if she was a sex worker, I do have a problem with it because I find it adds to the hypocrisy in her publicly-held political views.

detrius

Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
It's right there in the tweet I embedded in the OP. I've already come across it in several other discussions about this.

It's like a requirement: As progressives we don't have a problem with sex workers, so it has to be made clear right up front when bringing it up as part of the accusations against Boebert.

Personally, if she was a sex worker, I do have a problem with it because I find it adds to the hypocrisy in her publicly-held political views.
It's also problematic because not being open about it would make her susceptible to blackmail, if true.

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
The whole thing goes nowhere. Free is correct. If proven, she'll confess and repent and they'll gather around her and pray for strength in forgiveness, unless she's no longer bankable. The opposition only succeeds when she can no longer generate income for the Reich.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
The whole thing goes nowhere. Free is correct. If proven, she'll confess and repent and they'll gather around her and pray for strength in forgiveness, unless she's no longer bankable. The opposition only succeeds when she can no longer generate income for the Reich.
What about the fact she tried to get collegues killed [and seriously, Congress has some serious HR issues, because most other places, people like her would be fired.]

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Trying to get people killed is just good practice. She'd be dead already if they thought her capable of actually having them killed. She's currently a bankroll, and not really capable of that, but willing to be used to that effect as long as it lasts.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
What's more disgusting is all those things added together make her the worst kind of hypocrite. And that is putting it mildly.
The worst thing the modern GOP has done is make it where normal insult things we'd use end up insulting the comparison - like I feel they are making normal hypocrites look bad [and to my, hypocrisy is the worst sin of all].

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
SL Rez
Joined SLU
The worst thing the modern GOP has done is make it where normal insult things we'd use end up insulting the comparison - like I feel they are making normal hypocrites look bad [and to my, hypocrisy is the worst sin of all].
Earlier today I saw a tweet where one of the GOP is advocating GENOCIDE (that is the word he used) for anyone who is trans or is a trans ally. Because treason.

I think they just topped hypocrisy. Not sure what to call this except utter insanity.

Figures Innula was the one to post it. lol

Last edited:

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Earlier today I saw a tweet where one of the GOP is advocating GENOCIDE (that is the word he used) for anyone who is trans or is a trans ally. Because treason.

I think they just topped hypocrisy. Not sure what to call this except utter insanity.

Figures Innula was the one to post it. lol

Honestly, I'm taking that as a 'we're traitors, so everyone we don't like is one too' or even as a 'if you don't think and act exactly like we do, you aren't a real american' - both are frightening, but the MSM is going on about Biden's age, how dems aren't in line with modern america, and all sorts of other devicisve BS.... because I don't know, greed, not wanting to be forced to pay taxes....