Yay! Nobody Cares about being a Real Man

Jopsy Pendragon

If you can't dazzle'm with dexterity...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
This thread has had me thinking about pot pies so much, I had to step out and get myself one of the Pop Pie Co's 'Roasted Veggie / Yellow Curry Pot Pies'.

So very satisfying on a damp chilly night like tonight! :D

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Every casserole I've encountered held its form when you scooped out a chunk. A small amount may seep but it generally holds its shape. It's 'fork & plate' food.

Stew is amorphous. It'll deform and spread. It's 'bowl' food with either spoon or fork. If plated, would need a bed of rice to keep it from flowing off the plate.
So... tuna noodle casserole is a stew? :kittyball:

• 1ROFL
  • 1lolwut?
Reactions: WolfEyes and Govi

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
My mom was a generally good cook, but some things just never came out well.
Same. However,

Once upon a time my eldest brother had signed her up to make a souffle for some school event. Souffles are not easy, what with getting them to rise and cooking the center of them just right and that they tend to implode and fall in on themselves. So that, and the fact my mother had never made one before, brought about a family story where my mother triumphed by cooking a near perfect souffle (so she would tell us) with the added moral that my eldest brother was a nincompoop who was never allowed to offer up her services for a school event ever again.

Also, she never made another souffle. Stop when you're on top.

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I've never had tuna noodle casserole that didn't hold its shape.
I have, on the other end of the spectrum, eaten it with a chisel.

Clara D. turn the heat down and cook it uncovered for a longer period. You can also add some bread crumbs or pulverized crackers to the soup. Remember to add no other salt if you put salted crackers in the soup as tuna turns really salty really quickly.

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
I have, on the other end of the spectrum, eaten it with a chisel.

Clara D. turn the heat down and cook it uncovered for a longer period. You can also add some bread crumbs or pulverized crackers to the soup. Remember to add no other salt if you put salted crackers in the soup as tuna turns really salty really quickly.
Bad enough that canned soup is already overly salty . . .

• 1Bacon
Reactions: Monica Dream

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Bad enough that canned soup is already overly salty . . .
Even though it says you don't need to add water, you probably should add at least half a can of water.

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
Even though it says you don't need to add water, you probably should add at least half a can of water.

For cream-of soups I add half a can of . . . reconstitued powdered milk!