Nobody Cares: PRS

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts

That was kind of mean.

I've always been LOL-amused by people who were all like "oh, making small children believe Santa Claus is real is bad parenting, when they are devastated to eventually grow up and find out it's not true they just learn their parents are liars and will never trust them again!" Like no, literally NO KID is ever traumatized to learn Santa isn't real or develops trust issues because of it. What they almost always actually do instead is help maintain the fable for younger kids and then grow up to tell their own small children that Santa is real. Santa is such a fun and benign thing.

Plus, advocating for Santa really irritates the botherers who are always pushing more and more every year to tamp down the secular aspects of Christmas like that.

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
When I taught second grade, some kids knew there was no Santa, and some did not. What was interesting, and contrary to my expectations, was that no kids let the cat out of the bag. Even when the believers talked about Santa, no one took it upon themselves to enlighten them.

It was sweet.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Hey guys? Santa isn't real.

/me waits for Cris to ban her.
Saint Nicholas of Myra is quite real. He's buried in two places in Italy (holy relic fight) and canonized. Unfortunately he's also dead, so he's not climbing down any chimneys. He's the patron saint of Amsterdam, hence followed the Dutch to New Amsterdam (now New York City), which commemorates him with St. Nicholas Avenue in Manhattan. After that, it was Clement Clarke Moore and Coca-Cola who popularized the modern version.

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU

That was kind of mean.

I've always been LOL-amused by people who were all like "oh, making small children believe Santa Claus is real is bad parenting, when they are devastated to eventually grow up and find out it's not true they just learn their parents are liars and will never trust them again!" Like no, literally NO KID is ever traumatized to learn Santa isn't real or develops trust issues because of it. What they almost always actually do instead is help maintain the fable for younger kids and then grow up to tell their own small children that Santa is real. Santa is such a fun and benign thing.

Plus, advocating for Santa really irritates the botherers who are always pushing more and more every year to tamp down the secular aspects of Christmas like that.
I think that "make believe", things like faeries, Santa and the Easter Bunny are great stimulants for children's imaginations. I can't see how believing in something or someone who does good is going to harm their development. Everyone learns it's not real soon enough and then goes on with the grind of real life. The love of imagining wonderful characters and worlds is what put me in Second Life.

Kaimi Kyomoon

Persistent Participant
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Some years ago my Bruce was the director of a foster family agency. He was involved in planning a Christmas party for all the foster families in the county and he was persuaded to be Santa Claus. It was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. When he came into the big room full of people the youngest children just ran to him. They were so thrilled to be meeting Santa Claus. It was powerful.

Porsupah Ree

Shy bunny
SL Rez
Joined SLU
James Fields Found Guilty of Murdering Anti-Racism Protester Heather Heyer in Charlottesville

James Alex Fields Jr., the white nationalist accused of deliberately plowing his car into a crowd of counter-protesters during the 2017 Charlottesville white-nationalist rally, was found guilty on Friday of murdering one of those counter-protesters.

Fields, 21, an Ohio native, was charged with first-degree murder last year following the hit-and-run attack, which killed 32-year-old Heather Heyer and injured dozens other anti-racism protesters who ran counter to the “Unite the Right” rally. He was found guilty on that top charge. Fields was also found guilty on five counts of aggravated malicious wounding, three counts of malicious wounding, and one count of failing to stop at an accident involving a death. All of this on top of the 30-count hate crime indictment brought against him by the Department of Justice.

Porsupah Ree

Shy bunny
SL Rez
Joined SLU
There are ‘ups and downs’ in Trump's relationship with LGBT community, says leader of gay GOP group

The executive director of the Log Cabin Republicans said on Friday that there have been ups and downs as to how the Trump administration has dealt with policies impacting the LGBT community. "I think there's a lot of ups and downs in the last two years with some of the administration's actions," Jerri Ann Henry told Hill.TV's Krystal Ball and Saagar Enjeti on "Rising."

"He has been more vocally supportive than any Republican candidate or president, but there have been a few things that I haven't loved that the administration has done, and some things that I think we can do some work on," she continued. "I want to make sure that we have the opportunity to improve on those things, not just fight over them," she said.

"Some of the issues where we can make major improvements are just the nuances. You know, marriage has only been legal for a short time, and we've seen a few hiccups here and there how that's been rolled out with the military, with the State Department, visas, and how they handle married LGBT partners and non-married LGBT partners for diplomats. That's something we need a lot of work on."
You know, hiccups.

Govi

Crazy woman yells at clouds
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
The Log Cabin Republicans are seriously out of touch with the reality of Trump.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Porsupah Ree

Shy bunny
SL Rez
Joined SLU
The Log Cabin Republicans are seriously out of touch with the reality of Trump..
It's fascinating to behold this level of cognitive dissonance. Cheetolini's been gung-ho in trying to do everything possible to make life worse for all LGBT, T especially - how can anyone genuinely claim some level of superiority in his handling? I mean, yes, I know their actual interest goes no further than their personal bank accounts, and I'll take a wild guess they're not living week-to-week, but still..

But I suppose that's the key? With enough money, discrimination isn't much of an issue - you just draw on some other source of income, shuffle some investments around, and life goes on as happily as ever.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Comey Says House Committees Mostly Asked About Clinton Email Probe
Former FBI Director James Comey told reporters on Capitol Hill Friday afternoon that members of two House committees who questioned him behind closed doors largely asked about the Hillary Clinton email probe.

“I’m not sure we needed to do this at all,” Comey said after exiting his interview with the House Oversight and Judiciary Committees.
They are still trying to win the 2016 election.