Status
Not open for further replies.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Cowards frequently use jokes to escape the consequences of saying what they really mean.

It's half 'dog whistle' that builds solidarity with those that think likewise. "It's funny because it's TRUE! And he dared to say it right to their face! HAHA!"

And half a slap at those that don't agree. "I'm better than you because I'm funny and you have no sense of humor."

Whether or not Trump actually -meant- it, it's clear he was thinking it.
Yes, that 'mostly false' rating by snopes almost seems like a technicality. Since he said something close to it, joking or not, it feels like that is trying to whitewash what he communicated.

detrius

Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
Yep, as long as Mr. Bone-spurs doesn't have to be one.

Actually, it's probably just as well he was never in the military. God knows how many of his fellow soldiers he would have gotten killed with his stupidity!
The USA actually drafted thousands of mentally retarded men so assholes like Trump didn't have to serve, when Defense Secretary Robert McNamara lowered the military's mental or medical standards for recruitment in 1966 ("Project 100,000").

The military conscripted about 350,000 of these "low-aptitude men" who had previously been declared "unfit for service" and sent them to Vietnam.

During training, they failed to complete simple tasks, like the kind of shooting practice where the target pops up, you aim, shoot, and then the target pops down again. They were just too slow to react.

There was another training practice were they were supposed to learn how to lob grenades at the enemy. They just couldn't grasp the concept of throwing those dummy grenades in an arc and kept trying to throw them straight at the target, causing them to fall short.

A total of 5,478 of them died in service, their fatality rate was three times higher that that of other soldiers, and there were tens of thousands who were wounded.

For every single one of these men there is a guy like Cadet Bone Spurs, who got to stay home because of that sacrifice.

For further reading:

The VVA Veteran, a publication of Vietnam Veterans of America

Last edited:

Jopsy Pendragon

Magic thrives within Intentionality
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
*pictures an EMP-proof steam catapult hurling a fighter jet uselessly into the water because the aircraft are all still susceptible to EMP*
Well, we could just throw dead fighter planes at the enemy.... Though that requires a debate over whether we should be using steam or electromagnetic trebuchets...

• 1LOL
Reactions: Kaimi Kyomoon

Tranquility

I do love me some snopes, not that the truth holds any power over right wing nuts, but imo what he said is at least just as bad, if not worse. What he actually said doesn't even give soldiers the option of their own opinion. He just tells them that they don't want a pay raise because they are 'patriotic' and tells them they they would rather the money go towards the nation debt. I call bullshit.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I do love me some snopes, not that the truth holds any power over right wing nuts, but imo what he said is at least just as bad, if not worse. What he actually said doesn't even give soldiers the option of their own opinion. He just tells them that they don't want a pay raise because they are 'patriotic' and tells them they they would rather the money go towards the nation debt. I call bullshit.
Yes, the last I knew most soldiers are just scraping by and a military paycheck is not exactly living high on the hog. For what they do I would not begrudge them a raise.

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
... them that they don't want a pay raise because they are 'patriotic' and tells them they they he would rather the money go towards the nation debt tax cuts for the wealthy. I call bullshit.
FTFY.... ;)

Because like he said during the debates, not paying taxes makes him 'smart'. If he did pay taxes, it would just be squandered... you know... like on inadequate cost-of-living wage increases for impoverished service members.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Taste: One has it or not.

Look at the shoddy in Mar a Lago, and you know where it's coming from.

My god, how do people live like this??? I mean I understand it 300 years ago when they didn't know any better, and anyways all wood and metal was done by hand and kept peasant craftsmen in bread. But in today's mass-produced world where is even the value?

TBF, that room was done in the 60's, before Trump got his tiny hands on it - you can tell because even though is nauseatingly ostentatious, it's at least consistent 18th-century French all the way through.

For a better idea of the hellgate Donald Trump opens when he designs a space by himself, you need to look at the interior of his Trump Tower apartment:

Plastic Roman half-columns, mirrored ceilings, marble tile on every vertical surface and acres of gold-painted injection-molded foam as far as the eye can see.

Kaimi Kyomoon

Persistent Participant
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yep, as long as Mr. Bone-spurs doesn't have to be one.

Actually, it's probably just as well he was never in the military. God knows how many of his fellow soldiers he would have gotten killed with his stupidity!
His fellow soldiers would have fracked him the first week.

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
... and there's still right-wingers claiming they support Trump because they hate elitists. *sigh*

If I ever get my hands on Aladdin's lamp, I think my first wish would be a global virus that inflicts sudden violently explosive and uncontrollable nausea, proportionate to the degree of hypocrisy just uttered.

detrius

Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
My god, how do people live like this??? I mean I understand it 300 years ago when they didn't know any better, and anyways all wood and metal was done by hand and kept peasant craftsmen in bread. But in today's mass-produced world where is even the value?

TBF, that room was done in the 60's, before Trump got his tiny hands on it - you can tell because even though is nauseatingly ostentatious, it's at least consistent 18th-century French all the way through.

For a better idea of the hellgate Donald Trump opens when he designs a space by himself, you need to look at the interior of his Trump Tower apartment:

Plastic Roman half-columns, mirrored ceilings, marble tile on every vertical surface and acres of gold-painted injection-molded foam as far as the eye can see.
Is that "God visits Trump" in the Sistine Chapel knockoff on the ceiling?

Last edited:

Kaimi Kyomoon

Persistent Participant
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Taste: One has it or not.

Look at the shoddy in Mar a Lago, and you know where it's coming from.

Well isn't that the point of being rich? To compete in the Who Can Afford To Be The Most Ostentatious games?

Kaimi Kyomoon

Persistent Participant
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Status
Not open for further replies.