Covid-19 vaccine thread

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
As you are aware about, the proper sequence of Biontech and Moderna has been leaked and is publicly available on the internet since a while. So some people might just think: "cool, I just now do need some type of printer and can produce my own vaccine. Fuck the system, I'll use my own printed Moderna vaccine copy!"

Unfortunately it is not so easy, as Bert Hubert points out, because printing this stuff is by far the easiest point in the production cycle.

You also need to ensure that many stuff is not in this vaccine, which is not so easy to achieve. If it would be there, the vaccine could make you ill instead.

There are also no RNA printers out there yet. And the mRNA stuff needs to get packaged the right way, which is another problematic effort. And all of this needs to be done in a sterile environment.

So printing own mRNA vaccines at the moment is still out of question.

Here's another interesting article about the supply chain needed for the production of mRNA vaccines. Exploring the Supply Chain of the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines · Neubertify

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

The Labour leader, speaking in an interview with the Daily Telegraph, said he would not make any formal decision before studying government proposals, and talked up the need for cross-party consensus.

“I think this is really difficult and I’m not going to pretend there’s a clear black and white, yes-no easy answer on this. It is extremely difficult,” Starmer told the paper.

But while he said the idea of vaccination certificates for international travel appeared inevitable, he suggested that public opinion was likely to be against the idea of a domestic version.
Also, a valid concern --

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Dunno if this is of any help to people having problems getting vaccinated

For the next few days, Salzano was hunched over her phone, scouring dozens of Kroger, CVS, and Walgreens sites for any appointment near her mom’s home in Columbus, the state capital. At midnight, when a slew of new appointment times would get released, she’d dash to the family computer and try again.

The result was always the same: no availability.

“I was kind of like, this is never going to happen,” Salzano told The Daily Beast.

But then her dad suggested she might have better luck if she looked in the parts of Ohio where denial about COVID’s risks was high—and demand for vaccines was low.

“So I just googled ‘Trump landslides in Ohio,’” then I looked at the nearest county and the biggest city in that county, and I found an appointment,” Salzano told The Daily Beast.

Mona Eberhardt

M-Doll 0809A
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec. 26, 2012
SLU Posts
In this thread, Cory Doctorow blasts the Oxford University and the Bill Gates Foundation for the promises they broke regarding the Oxford vaccine:

• 2Angry
Reactions: Govi and Aribeth Zelin

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
The article is titled "The Pandemic ''s Wrongest Man".

This turns out to be an interesting thread :

• 1Like
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Per the post above this one: I did get my first Moderna shot Wed morning, being organized by the community health center one town over, but it was actually a fireman who gave me the shot. They were pretty organized with appointment times and paperwork, so it took maybe 30 min total, including the 15 min wait afterwards in case of a severe reaction.

Only side effect was soreness where they injected me, but that only hurt if I poked it. That's gone away now. My advice is stay hydrated and move whichever muscle they injected you in. That helps flush out byproducts of the short-term immune reaction. Long-term immunity takes 6 weeks total to build up antibodies, including the second shot. So I'm not going around kissing strangers anytime soon. :p

Archer

Arch Enemy
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I received my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine on Wednesday. Pretty much the same as Daniel, my arm was very sore the rest of the day, and I was a bit achier than usual all evening, but felt fine the next day. Here they have a mass vaccination site set up at the race track. You do have to get out of your car and go through a maze with different stops for different paperwork. I was a bit concerned that the line that snaked around just before the actual shot stations was full, and though folks were keeping mostly 6 feet in front and back, the lines themselves were only about 3 feet apart side to side. Poor planning on that one. Afterwards you had to go back to your car and sit there for the 15 minutes, and honk if you needed any help. It was very well done and moved quickly.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

So long as it's paper certificates for sports/entertainment venues and travel overseas that won't be required to use public transport, essential shops, businesses and public services, and so on, I guess that doesn't present such large problems with civil liberties, but any more general scheme would be very worrying (and given HMG's track record with large-scale IT projects, almost certainly a ruinously expensive white elephant that's eventually abandoned).

Last edited:
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
President Joe Biden is expected to announce Tuesday that states should make all adults in the U.S. eligible for a Covid-19 vaccine by April 19, two weeks earlier than a previous deadline, a White House official said.

Biden is set to make the announcement on Tuesday afternoon in remarks at the White House about the state of vaccinations across the country. Biden will also highlight a milestone in vaccinations, emphasizing that the U.S. has reached 150 million shots in the first 75 days of his administration.

• 2Thanks
Reactions: Govi and Beebo Brink

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I guess in many ways it's to be expected, since white evangelicals are notoriously over-represented among the MAGA faithful, so you've got a very large constituency who are part of the whole MAGA/Q information network, and thus exposed to Christ knows what batshit misinformation, and a lot of them have good reason to distrust scientists anyway, because of their differing views about evolution, geology, chemistry, and I would say the laws of physics and reality itself.