The Death of the Grand Old Party

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Cancer can kill ya.

Hell has frozen over. I agree with Mitch McConnell.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
So, Twitler, Greene, et al are the fault of the GOP and people who formed Lincoln Project. What we're seeing is the 'Holy fuck, what have we done' moments. Its coming down to what these people who did this, choose to do to try and clean up the mess.

I don't trust Lincoln Project, for example, but at least they do seem to be sincerely trying to help clean up the mess. Let's see if McConnell will end up doing the same.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
The ascendancy of Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA), and Republicans’ lack of willpower to punish her, speaks volumes about where the party still is even after President Donald Trump’s defeat.

Only 11 Republicans joined the entire House Democratic caucus to strip her of her committees Thursday night; by contrast, 61 Republicans voted to demote Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) for voting to impeach Trump for inciting the Capitol attack.

That the Trump-Greene sect of the party has such power and support does not necessarily portend future electoral success. After all, during Trump’s term alone, Republicans lost the House, Senate and White House. In particular, they lost both seats in a double-barrel Georgia Senate runoff that, by all historical precedent, they should have won.
With the 2022 midterms on the horizon, again a cycle that historical trends suggest should be good for the GOP, there is a niggling concern that the loud, extremist part of the party could give Democrats their best shot at staving off the onslaught.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC) slammed his state’s GOP committee over their unanimous decision to censure him on Monday night for voting to convict ex-President Donald Trump in the impeachment trial last week.

“It is truly a sad day for North Carolina Republicans,” Burr said in a statement. “My party’s leadership has chosen loyalty to one man over the core principles of the Republican Party and the founders of our great nation.”

The North Carolina GOP Central Committee censured the senator for his vote in the impeachment trial “which he declared to be unconstitutional,” the committee said in a statement. “The NCGOP agrees with the strong majority of Republicans in both the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate that the Democrat-led attempt to impeach a former President lies outside the United States Constitution.”

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
>> "The Republican Party can never again be respected or strong with political 'leaders' like Sen. Mitch McConnell at its helm."

I know, it's gonna sound strange, but I agree with Trump.