Brexit.

Chin Rey

Lag fighter
SL Rez
The fact that there is no news about the Brexit negotiations at this point is good news IMHO.
Maybe but then there's the interview Simon Coveney gave to Sky news so it's not entirely "no news". I can't imagine he's going solo so what he said should be pretty close to EU's view or at least what EU wants to present as its view.

Here's Max Robespierre's video about it:

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Sid

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
If I lived in the UK, I would stockpile a bit of canned veggies and meat and make sure that my freezer would be packed to the rafters at the start of December.
By the latest, it looks like that an agreement will not be reached until after Christmas, if any at all.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Old and busted:
Anyway, Starmer seems determined to act decisively, which I hope means we in the Labour Party can soon put this shameful episode behind us.
Hot news: Labour reinstates Jeremy Corbyn after suspension over antisemitism remarks.
No decision has been made whether to restore the whip to former leader

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Sid

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I see the Cobynites are determined that Labour will lose the next election by an even greater margin...
Well, Johnson and the tories seem determined to lose support in the seats they took off us in 2019, and since we've got to fight the bastard tories on all fronts, comrade...

Arkady Arkright

Well, Johnson and the tories seem determined to lose support in the seats they took off us in 2019, and since we've got to fight the bastard tories on all fronts, comrade...
I've voted for both those parties over the years, but not for a long time. I can't see me doing so again unless something changes substantially.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I've voted for both those parties over the years, but not for a long time. I can't see me doing so again unless something changes substantially.
If I lived in Wales, I'd certainly consider voting for Plaid Cymru, too, but I don't, and I'd certainly rather have a Labour government than a Conservative one (though, I have to say that the thought of a minority Labour government led by Jeremy Corbyn trying to handle Covid-19 and Brexit simultaneously doesn't exactly thrill me).

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
If Corbyn hadn't waffled on Brexit...

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
It's astonishing -- it's as if everything everyone was saying about Johnson's faults and weaknesses before he was elected as party leader, including both the veteran Tory MPs he later expelled from the party and those who survived the purge, has turned out to be true!

• 1* Popcorn *
  • 1Like
Reactions: Chin Rey and Govi

Arkady Arkright

If I lived in Wales, I'd certainly consider voting for Plaid Cymru, too,
To be clear, I didn't vote for Plaid either, although I do always vote. Think 'wishy-washy'...
(though, I have to say that the thought of a minority Labour government led by Jeremy Corbyn trying to handle Covid-19 and Brexit simultaneously doesn't exactly thrill me).
Frankly, it terrifies me - a Britain (or what's left of it) run by puppet-master Len McCluskey...

Arkady Arkright

Innula Zenovka :
I don't know if you listen to Mark Steel (R4 6:30pm tonight) but, if you do, it may give you an idea of where my politics started out - he's doing my home-town (Stratford-on-Avon), where I first voted (Tory, like my dad...) in 1970.

Last edited: