How COVID-19 is affecting society

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

I wonder if US bars, clubs and hotels are similarly repurposing themselves. I must say that I would be quite tempted by the idea of a socially-distanced coffee shop to work from now and again (though I have to say I prefer my coffee most of the time).

SL Rez
SLU Posts

I wonder if US bars, clubs and hotels are similarly repurposing themselves. I must say that I would be quite tempted by the idea of a socially-distanced coffee shop to work from now and again (though I have to say I prefer my coffee most of the time).
There was an article about AMC renting out whole movie theaters starting at $99.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts

These started popping up in Columbus a couple of years ago as space for start-ups to have a physical address and a place to hold meetings or use office equipment. I would not be surprised if the work from home crowd was using them.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts

I think if a local coffee shop offered to rent themselves out to me as an office, I'd never leave!

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Fox News has been planning its election night coverage for weeks, prepping staff and on-air talent for the biggest news night of the year. But now Fox faces uncertainty after the network’s president and many of its key on-air stars may have been exposed to COVID-19.

“Everyone is in a panic about election night,” said one current Fox News staffer.

On Sunday, The New York Times reported that top Fox News executives and talent will quarantine and get tested after flying on a network-chartered flight from Nashville to New York—following Thursday night’s presidential debate—with a staffer who later tested positive for the coronavirus. Passengers included network president Jay Wallace and on-air political hosts and analysts like Bret Baier, Martha MacCallum, Dana Perino, and Juan Williams. (A Fox News spokesperson would not confirm the Times story or the exposure, citing employee confidentiality.)

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Vice President Mike Pence’s chief of staff, Marc Short, tested positive for COVID-19 on Saturday. Though he was among several of Pence’s aides who contracted the virus, Short’s diagnosis was particularly startling given all the ways he had openly dismissed the severity of COVID-19.

• 1Like
  • 1Screwdriver
Reactions: Govi and Ryanna Enfield

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts