Nobody Cares: PRS

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
One woman, who prudently chose to remain anonymous save for the sobriquet “Doughnut Lady,” revealed to Hongoltz-Hetling that she had taken to welcoming bears on her property for regular feasts of grain topped with sugared doughnuts. If those same bears showed up on someone else’s lawn expecting similar treatment, that wasn’t her problem.
Perfect. Absolutely perfect.

• 1OMG!
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
This guy Jeffrey Toobin who works for the New Yorker was on a Zoom call today with his colleagues. It was a working call, specifically an election simulation - basically it was a rehearsal for what they'd all be doing on election night, using simulated numbers and with some of them playing the roles of the candidates and their parties and other pertinent people and groups. To everyone's unwelcome surprise, at one moment in the middle of the call everyone came back from a break to find Toobin yanking his crank:

The two sources described a juncture in the election simulation when there was a strategy session, and the Democrats and Republicans went into their respective break out rooms for about 10 minutes. At this point, they said, it seemed like Toobin was on a second video call. The sources said that when the groups returned from their break out rooms, Toobin lowered the camera. The people on the call said they could see Toobin touching his penis. Toobin then left the call. Moments later, he called back in, seemingly unaware of what his colleagues had been able to see, and the simulation continued.
Toobin was suspended by the New Yorker and in an apology afterwards swore up and down that he thought his camera feed into the Zoom call was off and muted. The weird part is that I see a lot of people on social media who, believing this, are all like "well it seems like it was an honest mistake, he didn't think anybody could see him, I don't know if he should lose his job for it". Like...what? Seriously? You're okay with someone friggin' the riggin' at work as long as they think nobody's looking? Yeah he was on the call from home but he was still at work.

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
This is Reinhard Genzel, a co-winner of this year's Nobel Prize in physics, giving an interview in which he complains that the only reason co-winner Andrea Ghez also won is because she's a woman

A full read of the article presents a more nuanced view. There really is a push to give women a better shot at prizes, but the relationship between the two winners is more ... strained because of both lack of communication, sexism, and attitudes between the two of them, with both sharing responsibility. More on his part I think, for not communicating and thoughtlessness.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Isabeau

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
This guy Jeffrey Toobin who works for the New Yorker was on a Zoom call today with his colleagues. It was a working call, specifically an election simulation - basically it was a rehearsal for what they'd all be doing on election night, using simulated numbers and with some of them playing the roles of the candidates and their parties and other pertinent people and groups. To everyone's unwelcome surprise, at one moment in the middle of the call everyone came back from a break to find Toobin yanking his crank:

Toobin was suspended by the New Yorker and in an apology afterwards swore up and down that he thought his camera feed into the Zoom call was off and muted. The weird part is that I see a lot of people on social media who, believing this, are all like "well it seems like it was an honest mistake, he didn't think anybody could see him, I don't know if he should lose his job for it". Like...what? Seriously? You're okay with someone friggin' the riggin' at work as long as they think nobody's looking? Yeah he was on the call from home but he was still at work.
While I've been laughing my head off at some of the jokes on Twitter, I feel really sorry for the poor man, and for his family too. It's just unthinkable what he and they must be going through.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
It's appropriate. Trump is exactly who the song is describing as a Fortunate Son with his multiple deferments.
I'd say the following is true, as well. Not only does he not pay taxes, he and his ilk are robbing this country blind as if the taxman is coming, only in this case they're trying to get as much as they can before the day of reckoning.

Some folks are born silver spoon in hand
Well, they help themselves, yeah
When the tax man comes to the door
House looks a like a rummage sale