WTF Mask rage

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
My church is open, but the only time we're supposed to have our masks off is when we go up to receive communion - and I mean when we're standing right in front of the priest not when we're at the back of the line.
My church is still recording its services for online viewing. Today, our pastor just announced that they'll be resuming communion, to be held every other Wednesday evening in the plaza between church buildings, max. of 100 congregants, masks and distancing mandatory. And we have to bring our own cups.

I have shotglasses here at home shaped like skulls. I wonder if they'll accept that.

Zaida Gearbox

When we first returned to in person services, we had to sign up for like a lottery, no more than x number people could be in the building at a given time, and it would have worked out so that everyone got to go to church about once a month. Then they went to, "Try to only sign up to come twice a month.." But, so few people sign up to come that they're like, "Sign up for every Sunday if you want because it will be the same number of people here regardless.." So, we are pretty well distanced from each other. This month it just worked out that I am only going twice in the month because of travel. For next month, I might try and coordinate with my god parents so we can be there on the same Sundays.

We've been holding "coffee hour" outside under the trees, so we can spread out. But, today it was cold.... So, I'm wondering how much longer until we can return to the fellowship hall. The biggest issue as I see it is the kids running around. So few people are coming that we can spread out pretty well.

• 1Like
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
My church is open, but the only time we're supposed to have our masks off is when we go up to receive communion - and I mean when we're standing right in front of the priest not when we're at the back of the line.
Why not just do it at home? If the crackers should have some ritual the priest can do it to them somewhere else, right?

Sorry if I offended. I will never understand religious rituals more than an archaeologist would.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Arkady Arkright

Zaida Gearbox

1) Not crackers. It's bread and wine, 2) under canon law it must be consecrated on the alter, 3) how we receive is also dictated by canon law and the bishops have said that cannot be altered.

Jopsy Pendragon

If you can't dazzle'm with dexterity...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Couldn't UberEats shuttle over a consecrated wafer or something? ;)

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

The shame is these people have families, friends. Otherwise...

EDIT:

Last edited:

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
1) Not crackers. It's bread and wine, 2) under canon law it must be consecrated on the alter, 3) how we receive is also dictated by canon law and the bishops have said that cannot be altered.
When did the bishops become members of the CDC. If something can not happen because of health concerns why should everyone else let them dictate world health? Not everyone on the planet is part of their cult so we could give a care if they will not agree to a reasonable solution.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Arkady Arkright

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
When did the bishops become members of the CDC. If something can not happen because of health concerns why should everyone else let them dictate world health? Not everyone on the planet is part of their cult so we could give a care if they will not agree to a reasonable solution.
Unless I've misunderstood it, Zaida has described how the priest at her church has adopted an extremely convoluted workaround that accommodates the requirements of both the CDC and canon law, that's all.

He's to be congratulated on his ingenuity, to my mind -- he and the congregation are both making an effort to continue their communal worship without breaking any laws or endangering the participants, rather than taking the easy way out and saying that their First Amendment rights are paramount and allow them to ignore lockdown orders and the CDC.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Unless I've misunderstood it, Zaida has described how the priest at her church has adopted an extremely convoluted workaround that accommodates the requirements of both the CDC and canon law, that's all.

He's to be congratulated on his ingenuity, to my mind -- he and the congregation are both making an effort to continue their communal worship without breaking any laws or endangering the participants, rather than taking the easy way out and saying that their First Amendment rights are paramount and allow them to ignore lockdown orders and the CDC.
Maybe I did not see where it was described?

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Caught a couple big ones this time.

Missouri Gov. Mike Parson, a Republican who has steadfastly refused to require residents to wear masks, tested positive for the coronavirus, his office said Wednesday.

Parson was tested after his wife, Teresa, tested positive earlier in the day. Teresa Parson had experienced mild symptoms, including a cough and nasal congestion, spokeswoman Kelli Jones said. She took a rapid test that came back positive and was awaiting a nasal swab test to confirm the finding.

Gov. Parson postponed several events through the remainder of the week. He and his wife had been traveling around the state this week for events that included a ceremonial bill signing in Cape Girardeau, where a photo posted Tuesday on the governor’s Facebook page showed both of them wearing masks.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Yeah, saw it earlier and sent it to an antimasker ... he was not amused even though it answers some questions he asks constantly (show me the law, etc)

Ann Launay

Crumpet Khaleesi
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Aug 2007
SLU Posts
I agree with him on most everything he said but...

WTF with the suggestion that only people who wear men's underwear are adults? I wanted to smack him for that.
I initially had no idea what you meant, because I usually stop the video when he starts his sponsorship spiel, but I interpreted it more like, as an adult human with money, you should buy yourself some nice underwear.

• 1Hug
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin