Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I'm sure I've seen this movie before

ETA

and this one

But it may be that the orcas were just teenage kids having fun

Bruno Díaz, a biologist at the local Bottlenose Dolphin Research Institute, said orcas were attracted to small yachts because of their size, and that the animals in question – probably “immature teenage” orcas – had probably just got a bit carried away.

“We’re not their natural prey,” he told Associated Press. “They’re having fun – and maybe these orcas have fun causing damage.”

Last edited:

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Lyric

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
What? How does that happen? Did the cows gang up and charge him? Did he just encounter a particularly bad ass cow? Inquiring minds want to know. 🧐
They occasionally kill Germans too - usually when somene tries entering a bull's pen.

Plurabelle Laszlo

SL Rez
Joined SLU
What? How does that happen? Did the cows gang up and charge him? Did he just encounter a particularly bad ass cow? Inquiring minds want to know. 🧐
I first laughed when a friend of mine, an experienced mountain hiker, told me a story about cows gathering and closing in when she and her partner were hiking in the alps. But the situation got really scary, and they later got told that there had been dangerous attacks before. It doesn't happen that often, but often enough for the authorities of Tirol to issue an official warning video and guidelines how to avoid cow attacks when crossing alpine grazing pastures. Especially hikers with dogs might startle them, it s highly advised to unleash your dog when attacked so it can outrun the cows - instead of trying to protect it. Mother cows are super protective when they feel their calves are in danger. And apparently sometimes they really team up, there have been reports of herds trying to surround intruders before they attack. Don't trust those big kind eyes.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
In a forest patch nearby we have a heard of Scottish Highland cattle grazing in the wild to diversify nature.
Rule number one, never cross between members of the herd and a calf. The bull and the mom and sometimes even their aunts will act very protective then.
They wounded a woman badly who thought she could cuddle a calf a few years ago.
If you keep a bit of distance, then you are okay to pass the herd. They are really calm animals normally if you know your place.
They are used to people, but they don't accept you as an overlord.

Last edited:

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Sadly, we have not been cancelled.

• 1Sad
Reactions: Govi