Police Brutality Protests Thread

bubblesort

Thread -- worry about where the Secret Police are headed for after they leave, and why

IDK about election interference in July, when neither major party has any ground game in the election. You can't interfere with people knocking on doors and putting out yard signs if almost nobody is doing that. We will see how this pans out as time goes on, though.

I do worry about escalation tonight, though. When I've participated in protests and watched live streams of them, the police always seem to be the most viscous at the end of a demonstration. It's like a climax at the end of a performance, put on by psychopaths. They want to kettle and brutalize demonstrators on their way home, not when the demonstration is at full strength on the steps of a capitol building, with old media cameras everywhere. That makes me worry that the feds will try to inflict maximum damage on their way out, between today and tomorrow, when they are supposed to leave. Watch the streams tonight for things that might 'slip under the radar' of the big media outlets.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
IDK about election interference in July, when neither major party has any ground game in the election. You can't interfere with people knocking on doors and putting out yard signs if almost nobody is doing that. We will see how this pans out as time goes on, though.

I do worry about escalation tonight, though. When I've participated in protests and watched live streams of them, the police always seem to be the most viscous at the end of a demonstration. It's like a climax at the end of a performance, put on by psychopaths. They want to kettle and brutalize demonstrators on their way home, not when the demonstration is at full strength on the steps of a capitol building, with old media cameras everywhere. That makes me worry that the feds will try to inflict maximum damage on their way out, between today and tomorrow, when they are supposed to leave. Watch the streams tonight for things that might 'slip under the radar' of the big media outlets.
His concern, I think, is not so much that the federal paramilitary forces will interfere with canvassing and the elections themselves so much that their presence is intended to be deliberately provocative of counter-demonstrations and protests, in order to provide a steady stream of images of rioting and civil disorder with which to frighten wavering Republicans.

It's a pitch to Trump's "Suburban Housewives of America" , whom he warned about the joint threat posed to "your neighborhood and your American Dream" by Joe Biden and affordable housing. He wants scenes of conflict as a background for his flailing campaign.

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
When I saw this, it made me ill. All the police are doing is stepping up the cruelty, no one is really doing anything that I can see.

I'm glad someone is tracking it though.

This one really scared me. WTF - the police department and the state police don't know who this goon squad is? Shooting at people standing on their own front porch? Seriously, WTF?

Date of Incident
May 30, 2020
Officer(s) involved

Unknown: help us identify

What happened
Officers patrolling a neighborhood yell at a woman standing on her porch to go back inside before firing paint rounds at her home. An officer yells, “light ’em up” as they fire.
What else we know
A spokesperson for the Minneapolis Police Department said the video was “not our agency.” The Minnesota State Patrol said, “It is unclear from the video which agency these officers are from.” The night of the incident, Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz tweeted, “We are bringing the full force of goodness and righteousness to restore order on our streets tonight.”

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
This is truly scary

The three agencies inside DHS that take up 40 percent of its budget are ICE, CBP, and this esoteric-sounding organization that basically supplies biometric information to the two other agencies as part of its enforcement remit. You’re looking at $26 billion a year, and that is a larger sum than every other federal law enforcement body in the United States combined. That’s bigger than the FBI budget, the U.S. Marshals budget, the DEA budget, the ATF budget. All of those rolled up together, the cost is still smaller than that of three agencies that make up a fraction of DHS.

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
This is truly scary

I think Obama just blew up this idea that DHS ought to be attacking peaceful demonstrators. That idea will only fly with those who are ignorant of history and the Constitution.

danielravennest

SLU Posts