Police Brutality Protests Thread

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
With absolutely nothing showing anyone being enraged or threatening to burn their house down, and the only footage showing peaceful protesters matching by being told to ignore them, why isn't anyone comparing them to Jussie Smollett? People throw that around a lot, whether the person in question is black or not.
I'd bet that lock to the gated community wasn't broken by them, too. Probably just broke and the maintenance people didn't bother to repair it yet.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I think the cops would behave better if civil lawsuit payments were deducted from the police budget. Why should schools, nursing homes, and social services to the vulnerable take the hit, why should property taxes go up when the police are the ones draining the budget? Layoffs, I say. Layoffs.
Look at the budget chart for most us cities. The pigs can afford to pay those suits too.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
The one good cop I know isn't a cop anymore, he quit to focus on writing, and selling anime kitsch at geek cons.
It used to be I knew of an example of a good cop ... or so I thought. Whenever I ran into bad cops it was 'why can they not be more like xyz'. Then he was cheated on my sister, divorced her, and took all the furniture from his former home, not only hurting her but his kids. So yeah, the only good cop is one that left their force.

• 1Hug
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
The Times has covered the story, illustrating it with several images, including this one

As usual, the comments are attracting right-wing Americans, which gave rise to this exchange

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
The Times has covered the story, illustrating it with several images, including this one

As usual, the comments are attracting right-wing Americans, which gave rise to this exchange

That article, lolwut? They didn't keep anyone at bay. No one was attacking them. What's their source, Breitbart?

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
The only person I know who I can imagine doing something like that , in the unlikely event protestors found their way onto his estate and the gamekeeper failed to deal with this intrusion, would be training a shotgun on them from the safety of an upstairs bedroom, where the height would give him a better field of fire. And his wife would be similarly positioned at the rear of the house, in case they tried to gain access that way.