WTF Mask rage

Isabeau

Merdeuse
(Masks will be mandatory in Quebec on public transport)

It will bring out reactions from those who haven’t been on it since 1997.

Sredni Eel

In Space, no one can hear you Cha Cha Cha!
Today tried my patience for the stupidity of humanity.

I went grocery shopping. While standing in line, I watched the woman ahead of me in horror. Not only was she wearing her mask like a false mustache (it only covered her upper lip), she was also licking her fingers to help open the plastic bags used to bag groceries. She did this at least a half dozen times before using the same fingers to punch in her PIN to pay for her groceries.

I was never so glad to wear latex gloves as I was this morning.

GoblinCampFollower

SL Rez
Today tried my patience for the stupidity of humanity.

I went grocery shopping. While standing in line, I watched the woman ahead of me in horror. Not only was she wearing her mask like a false mustache (it only covered her upper lip), she was also licking her fingers to help open the plastic bags used to bag groceries. She did this at least a half dozen times before using the same fingers to punch in her PIN to pay for her groceries.

I was never so glad to wear latex gloves as I was this morning.
What is it with people and licking their fingers?! That's also a very common thing I seem to see in older generations, licking their fingers to more easily grip pages... it's unsanitary and 100% unnecessary...

• 1Agree
Reactions: Rose Karuna

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
It's common primate behavior. Some arboreal primates also urinate on their hands to improve grip. Be content.
We can evolve. It's also pretty common primate behavior to throw shit when they're aggravated, so let's...oh, nevermind.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
I went grocery shopping Saturday. For some reason, maybe because it was the weekend, most people were not paying any attention to the arrows on the floor, and dawdling over they're directions besides. After having my progress impeded in several aisles, all I could think of was "get me the hell out of here". I stopped by customer service to tell them because several of the arrows were worn and hard to read. The very young man there said he'd pass it along. I saw an older employee who looked like they might have more authority, and I told them too.
I should mention my anxiety attack was well underway at this point. The man could see that and asked if I wanted to talk to the boss. I had ice cream i my cart, so I thanked him and passed. It's enough that the boss got told. The cashier was worried about me, too. Once an anxiety attack starts it kinda had to run its course.
Anyway, note to self: avoid shopping on weekends if at all possible.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I went grocery shopping Saturday. For some reason, maybe because it was the weekend, most people were not paying any attention to the arrows on the floor, and dawdling over they're directions besides. After having my progress impeded in several aisles, all I could think of was "get me the hell out of here". I stopped by customer service to tell them because several of the arrows were worn and hard to read. The very young man there said he'd pass it along. I saw an older employee who looked like they might have more authority, and I told them too.
I should mention my anxiety attack was well underway at this point. The man could see that and asked if I wanted to talk to the boss. I had ice cream i my cart, so I thanked him and passed. It's enough that the boss got told. The cashier was worried about me, too. Once an anxiety attack starts it kinda had to run its course.
Anyway, note to self: avoid shopping on weekends if at all possible.
Avoid shopping if at all possible. I mainly do a mixture of restaurant delivery and ordering shelf stable stuff. Since March I have done two regular grocery deliveries but that is mostly to have some variety.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Archer

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Avoid shopping if at all possible. I mainly do a mixture of restaurant delivery and ordering shelf stable stuff. Since March I have done two regular grocery deliveries but that is mostly to have some variety.
We've been doing deliveries also. It's been interesting and a bit of a mixed bag. The store does not always have what they show on the web site and sometimes our shopper does some creative substitution. Some substitution has been great because it's given me a chance to try new things, others, well, not so much. LOL

Also, I miss grocery shopping. I hate most shopping, particularly for clothing but I really used to enjoy grocery shopping.

What stops me is that I think that this is going to get worse, much worse and I don't want to take the risk of getting it.

• 2Agree
Reactions: Khamon and Archer

Jopsy Pendragon

If you can't dazzle'm with dexterity...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I find that just before closing Tues-Thurs tends to be the best time to shop. Friday is mobbed by people who want to stock up and stay in for the weekend. Saturday, depending on the place, might be slow. Sunday/Monday seem to be consistently busy, at least around here.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Rose Karuna