WTF Sh*t's F*cked Up and Bullsh*t - a "Who Cares" thread for news

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Essex. Of course. How could it not be?

Sentencing him, the chief magistrate, Emma Arbuthnot, said: “I accept that you are remorseful. You have explained you were so drunk you did not know where you were urinating. You explained that you had had 16 pints. You explained that you were with a group of football supporters who came up to Westminster to protect monuments.

“The irony is that rather than protecting the monuments, you very nearly ended up urinating on one. The harm caused is the upset and shock felt by members of the public who saw the images that generated a strong sense of revulsion.”

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Above all else, I don't understand why entitled White People are so stupid. By now you would think they had figured out that public expressions of their prissy class-bound outrage results in serious repercussions. Companies view this kind of social media notoriety as a PR nightmare and anyone who works for them becomes immediately toxic. And yet it happens over and over again.

Husband of California ‘Karen’ Lisa Alexander fired from wealth management firm

Last edited:

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
Above all else, I don't understand why entitled White People are so stupid. By now you would think they had figured out that public expressions of their prissy class-bound outrage results in serious repercussions. Companies view this kind of social media notoriety as a PR nightmare and anyone who works from them becomes immediately toxic. And yet it happens over and over again.

I wondered if that dude in the video was her husband. She was the mouthpiece, but it was obvious she was speaking for both of them.
He certainly didn’t try to stop her.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Myradyl Muse

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
More from yesterday's demonstrations in London.

Listen to the clip the whole way through, please.

ETA: Interviews with Patrick Hutchinson, who carried the injured man, and some of his friends -- they are apparently security and martial arts experts who attended to protect the BLM protestors from right-wing counter-demonstrators and to keep the peace.

This is when punching nazis gets real:

Very powerful interview with the men who rescued the guy:

Otokito described the group, who all have martial arts backgrounds, as a “band of brothers”.

“We’re all from similar backgrounds, we’re all from the same community and the streets of London. Same South London background, same morals, same principles. We’re all fathers, we all have our families as well – we’re trying to set an example,” said Otokito.

The group emphasises that while they were glad to save the counter-protester’s life, it was the ruined lives of his would-be assailants and their loved ones that were at the front of their minds. “My thing was not really saving that man,” said Russell. “It was more saving one of these black kids that was attacking that guy – their life could be gone, as well as the gentleman’s. A wasted life in prison because of those moments of madness.”
For Otokito, though, every bit as important is the message that he hopes the image sends to the black community.

“As a brother, son, nephew, friend, I wanted to set an example, that it’s our responsibility to take ownership,” he said. “And hopefully it sends a different narrative to how the image of a black man is usually painted.

“Normally, it’s the picture of George Floyd with a knee on his neck. This is a completely different image – the tables are turned: a black man picking up a white man to put him on his shoulders to take him to safety in the midst of a situation that he’s created for himself. Hopefully, it sends a message that we are capable of being great.”

Sovereignty

SL Rez
Above all else, I don't understand why entitled White People are so stupid. By now you would think they had figured out that public expressions of their prissy class-bound outrage results in serious repercussions. Companies view this kind of social media notoriety as a PR nightmare and anyone who works for them becomes immediately toxic. And yet it happens over and over again.

The intelligent entitled White People don't do things like this.

It's kind of like survivor bias in reverse.

ETA: Intelligent of course is a vague word really. Need a better term.
ETA2: Maybe it's the difference between people with the emotional maturity to stop and think versus those who don't.

Last edited:

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Is there a translation of that somewhere? I can't parse it.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Isabeau

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Is there a translation of that somewhere? I can't parse it.
Chad cock Chad cock Chad cock Chad cock, I’m so jealous of Chad cock, etc. My cock is lonely, and so on and so forth, women stink yada yada yada Why don’t women want to touch my cock? I’m so mean and that’s what they desire, no? Chads are mean and women touch THEIR cocks! Cock cock cock cock...

cock.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
Rowling was so obtuse and insulated as not to know that the Nazis predated the Death Eaters in all they're attitudes and actions ("pure bloods" killing the "mudbloods") . She thought she invented all that! And she didn't realize til she visited the Holocaust Museum.
It seems singularly appropriate, then, that a Republican should use her as an example.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Isabeau

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Rowling was so obtuse and insulated as not to know that the Nazis predated the Death Eaters in all they're attitudes and actions ("pure bloods" killing the "mudbloods") . She thought she invented all that!
Wait, wut? That can't possibly be.... but surely... I mean....

• 1Pie
Reactions: Free

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
People may remember George Galloway, the sometime leader of the Respect Party, groupie of Saddam Hussein and Bashar al-Assad, and latterly RT stooge and supporter of Nigel Farage's Brexit Party (there's something of a pattern here).

Anyway, he was trending on UK twitter today, and it turns out this is why. Brits will certainly remember the episode, but it might be new to others.

Be warned -- once seen, it cannot be unseen.

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Rowling was so obtuse and insulated as not to know that the Nazis predated the Death Eaters in all they're attitudes and actions ("pure bloods" killing the "mudbloods") . She thought she invented all that! And she didn't realize til she visited the Holocaust Museum.
It seems singularly appropriate, then, that a Republican should use her as an example.
And h----- got most of his ideas on that from the U..S.