Nobody Cares: PRS

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Thread by the CEO of Reddit. In the comments he is taking quite the beating for continuing to allow T_D (The_Donald) to exist, albeit it now exists pretty much as a link to another un-monitored site. Come to T_D for your daily taste of White Power? Here's a link. He's generally not responding to the calls for it to be eliminated altogether. p.s. Very sorry for the size of this link.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Meanwhile,

As Trump vows crackdown on ‘antifa,’ growth of right-wing extremism frustrates Europeans

European security agencies seeking US cooperation in operations against the Nazi terrorist group Atomwaffen Division (who are banned in the UK) are being told that the US can't fully cooperate because of the Nazis' First Amendment rights.

Perhaps they fear that cooperating with allied intelligence agencies against a Nazi group constitutes supporting antifa.

Sovereignty

SL Rez
When European authorities do get a response, the official said, they are often told that the concerning behavior “is protected as freedom of speech in the U.S.”
Being protected speech is quite possibly true. Germany, at least, has some laws that would be unconstitutional in the U.S. In the U.S., for instance, it is legal for the K.K.K. to have a parade down main street (Skokie, Illinois). I don't think that would be allowed in Germany. I've also read that in Great Britain there is no legal right to free speech, but you would know better than I would.

I read some article tracing the decision that campaign contributions from corporations are protected free speech back to more aggressive application of the first amendment starting in the 1960's. Don't have a link handy, but the first amendment has had some unexpected consequences.

They are still being surveilled by the FBI as that article reports. The reporting has a split personality of sorts.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
American engineering at its best: listen to the lovely sound of the Golden Gate Bridge after some renewal work. It iss all thanks to engineers that designed new sides for the sidewalk on the bridge to help with wind resistance but they “didn’t consider the sound it would create” when wind interacted with the surface. You can hear this still more than half a mile away.

• 1burn
Reactions: RodeejahUrquan

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Being protected speech is quite possibly true. Germany, at least, has some laws that would be unconstitutional in the U.S. In the U.S., for instance, it is legal for the K.K.K. to have a parade down main street (Skokie, Illinois). I don't think that would be allowed in Germany. I've also read that in Great Britain there is no legal right to free speech, but you would know better than I would.

I read some article tracing the decision that campaign contributions from corporations are protected free speech back to more aggressive application of the first amendment starting in the 1960's. Don't have a link handy, but the first amendment has had some unexpected consequences.

They are still being surveilled by the FBI as that article reports. The reporting has a split personality of sorts.
We're not talking about the KKK having a parade. The article is about a specific terrorist group, Atomwaffen Division, which has pretty much dismantled in the US through a combination of internal fighting and FBI and other agencies' prosecuting its members for criminal conspiracy charges.

However, despite its set-backs in the the USA, it is still going strong in Europe, including Russia, and various European law enforcement agencies are finding the US disappointingly uncooperative when asked for help investigating their networks because the First Amendment rights of some of the individual American citizens the Europeans see as playing an active role in an international terrorist group, equivalent to Daesh or al Qaida.

• 1Sad
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: RodeejahUrquan and Govi

Sovereignty

SL Rez
We're not talking about the KKK having a parade. The article is about a specific terrorist group, Atomwaffen Division, which has pretty much dismantled in the US through a combination of internal fighting and FBI and other agencies' prosecuting its members for criminal conspiracy charges.

However, despite its set-backs in the the USA, it is still going strong in Europe, including Russia, and various European law enforcement agencies are finding the US disappointingly uncooperative when asked for help investigating their networks because the First Amendment rights of some of the individual American citizens the Europeans see as playing an active role in an international terrorist group, equivalent to Daesh or al Qaida.
You are not familiar with the events leading up to the KKK parade in Skokie, Illinois and how the ACLU (!) filed a lawsuit on the behalf of the KKK. You are also overlooking the people killed by the KKK in the U.S. in the decade prior to the Skokie parade.

First amendment rights are a real thing that the FBI cannot wish away. Police in other countries do not face that problem.

Since the article mentions instances where the FBI has cooperated with German authorities regarding members of the Atomwaffen, I am not sure this article tells a coherent story. Are the authors really advocating that we do away with the First Amendment? If so, then what would that do to the protests going on over George Floyd?

Lexxi

meow
SL Rez
Joined SLU
12-14-2007
SLU Posts
American engineering at its best: listen to the lovely sound of the Golden Gate Bridge after some renewal work. It iss all thanks to engineers that designed new sides for the sidewalk on the bridge to help with wind resistance but they “didn’t consider the sound it would create” when wind interacted with the surface. You can hear this still more than half a mile away.

Reminds me of whales singing.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

Govi

Crazy woman yells at clouds
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Reminds me of the videos I saw of the sound the new World Trade building was making when they were halfway done with it. The noise went away when they finished.

Those guys in SF are gonna have to do something about it though, lol. People are not going to put up with that sound forever, I bet it's gonna get pretty old in a hurry.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Govi

Govi

Crazy woman yells at clouds
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
It's quite common to have 40-50 miles an hour winds on the Bridge. Not everyday, of course, but almost as frequent as fog. It can be a real shock to walk from the slight breezes around the approaching sidewalks to get out there in a very chill steady gale. Even when you know it's coming.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
Random flight of fancy: Giant Dem sweep of the Senate, except McConnell. Then with 70 odd seats McConnell gets to watch his life’s work impeached one appointment after another, and can’t resign or retire, else the Dem governor appoint to Senate McGrath, or maybe if really cruel, a black Muslim BLM lawyer. And the tears of rage as Supreme Court Justice Barack Obama takes the seat previously held by Kavanaugh.