Nobody Cares: PRS

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
By the way the Youtube algorithm recently introduced me the Hornet King, a one man hornet removal company using a vacuum cleaner and then feeding the stuff to chickens. Mostly.

In many European countries the domestic hornet species he is working on here are by the way an endangered species and therefore under special protection. If he would be doing what he's doing to this hornet's nest in most countries of Europe this would earn him a quite hefty fine.

Warning: this video contains later the munching sound of moving larvaes in the stock. This is a sound many people do find very much disturbing or even gross, so don't use head phones or watch the video at all if the thought of living, moving larvaes in a stock is disturbing to you. You have been warned.

The video is under the spoiler link.

Last edited:
  • 2Thanks
Reactions: Govi and Isabeau

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I dunno. I find it hard to argue with the view of humanity as shown in the Battlestar Galactica redo., and they dealt with a similar premise of humanity on the brink of extermination by an unrelenting enemy. But I do have hope.
Such a situation -- societal collapse, however caused, followed by continuing war with unrelenting enemy -- presumably causes different groups of survivors to adopt different survival strategies, depending on their situation, background and personality.

Some groups will be be smaller, more aggressive and more hostile to other groups, while others will be larger and more willing to tolerate, and even cooperate with, other similar groups.

This will depend partly on what the group members are like, the personalities involved, and partly on the circumstances in which they find themselves, and the best strategy for surviving it.

It's not something I know much about, but from what I've heard and read about WW2 in the forests of Poland, Ukraine and Belarus, that's what happened with the partisans, bandits and fugitives from the fighting and from roundups, as people did what they had to in order to survive.

• 1Thanks
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Beebo Brink and Free

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
For what it's worth, that's in line with what a family friend (now dead) said about being a POW after the fall of Singapore -- contrary to popular mythology in the UK, apparently most of the Japanese guards weren't too bad, but the problem was that no one was interested in stopping the ones who were sadists and bullies from having their fun with the prisoners.
This corresponds to certain issues with US police.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
An interesting (and encouraging) meeting between Gina Miller, the British businesswoman and anti-Brexit activist, and a troll who sent her vile racist and sexist abuse:

Dancien

Ne'er-do-well
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Boris Johnson and the foreign secretary, Dominic Raab, have both asked for Sacoolas to be extradited, but the political pressure has led nowhere. Donald Trump instead suggested compensation and tried to engineer a meeting in the White House between Sacoolas and Dunn’s parents.

Radd Seiger, a lawyer for the Dunn family, said Northamptonshire police had confirmed that the Interpol notice had been issued, adding that this meant in the Foreign Office’s view she did not have diplomatic immunity at the time of her initial arrest. “Red notices would not be served on valid diplomats,” he said. “It means she would be arrested if she sought to leave the United States.”

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Govi

Crazy woman yells at clouds
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

(Adam Wagner is a leading British human rights lawyer, so his legal commentary is usually reliable).
Anne Sacoolas' misuse of diplomatic immunity should be of itself a crime. Trump's State Department's actions are despicable, but typical of Trump. Hurry the day when Trump is dead or gone.

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
He tried Texas once before and it didn't work out. Texas has some weird law saying that there MUST be an independent car dealership. He can't sell directly.
That just keeps him from having salesfloors there, no?

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts

(Adam Wagner is a leading British human rights lawyer, so his legal commentary is usually reliable).
I hope that, the next time the US needs someone extradited from - well, anywhere - they remember this.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Govi

detrius

Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
I hope that, the next time the US needs someone extradited from - well, anywhere - they remember this.
The American attitude towards extradition always reminds me of this dialogue from Guardians of the Galaxy:

"Your criminal records have also been expunged. However, I have to warn you against breaking any laws in the future."
"Question. What if I see something that I wanna take and it belongs to someone else?"
"Then you will be arrested."
"But what if I want it more than the person who has it?"
"Still illegal."
"That doesn't follow. No, I want it more, sir. Do you understand me? What are you laughing at? What? I can't have a discussion with this gentleman?"